What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Looked at my '70 which has a puddle of trans fluid leaking out, this morning as I was pulling all the supplies out for my home improvement job I worked on today. frown

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started scraping all of the undercoating off the bottom of the SS Friday. I raised one side up pretty high, so I don't have to lay on my back. I'll scrape as much as I can, and then tilt the body the other way. Once I clean all I can reach this way, I'll put the body on a cart to finish the underside. I'm very happy with how solid this car is. The undercoating did a great job of protecting the sheet metal.

409501348.jpg

Dan

I honestly have no idea. It was two tone when I purchased it but I have never decoded the body tag. There was no build sheet anywhere on the car, and my interior was that rare grey-green cloth combo when I acquired it.

Finally finished assembling the engine yesterday (383 Stroker). Ready to take her to Joe Sherman Racing next week for dyno tune and break-in.

Been a slow project since I have included my son in every step. Between school and sports, he is a busy guy. Can't wait to hear her take her first breath.

SAM_0543.jpg

windows 7 screenshot

SAM_0563.jpg

upload gambar

I drove my 1970 Monte to work for the first time since 1997! Then, we got the hardest rain we've had this year, LOL.

The view of my Monte from my desk:

0083.JPG

My wife and I went on a very nice 60 mile ride on a very beautiful day here in Michigan. On this day in 1987, I picked up my Monte from the painter. My paint job is now 27 years old. Best $400 I spent. (I got the paint, 99S Lacquer, free since I worked for DuPont then)

Bruce

Went to a car show this morning about 45 minute drive. Three of us from our club went together 40 Ford, 67 442 and my 72 Monte joined by a 57 Chevy and 31 Ford pickup. Got out of our cars and were told the show had been canceled DRAT%$#@&*%@. This show had been running for at least the last 15 years. Had a nice sausage and pancake breakfast shot the BS for a while and then we all headed home.

It was a busy past two days we hung sheet metal on the 72 test fit the hood for it and even fad up some rear window metal. 004_zps14229f64.jpgTail panel welded in place 005_zpsc9e41b86.jpg has a plan to make a custom three piece trim for the rear. 006_zps64f64634.jpg002_zps0004a796.jpg

Finally finished assembling the engine yesterday (383 Stroker). Ready to take her to Joe Sherman Racing next week for dyno tune and break-in.

Been a slow project since I have included my son in every step. Between school and sports, he is a busy guy. Can't wait to hear her take her first breath.

SAM_0543.jpg

windows 7 screenshot

SAM_0563.jpg

upload gambar

Hello Mr. 383! Very nice!

That is awesome that you are including your son. It takes a lot of patience sometimes to slow down your routine and get the kids involved.

MY BODY MAN CAME IN AND SHOWED ME THE CAR IN PRIMER. ALSO BROUGHT ME WHAT CAME OUT OF THE LOWER REAR QUARTERS. METAL HVAC TAPE WITH GLUE SIDE OUT WITH THIN GRAY CARDBOARD AND VERY THIN LAYER OF BONDO THEN PAINT. WHO'LDA THUNKIT?? ON A GOOD LOOKING 5 FOOT COR?

Finally got the AC system converted & recharged with 134a. It was 107 today so now I can enjoy the old girl vs leavin' her parked till September.

Went on a cruise with Sam, Vince and some of the Michigan Monte club. About an 80 mile round trip for me. Sam & Vince racked up probably a couple hundred miles

if not more. Great group of guys with Montes from many different years. Just putting the first 100 miles on the new 200-4R trans, averaged 18 MPH on this trip, back country roads with some stop and go here and there. Recieved a nice and unexpected award too! A few pics

CDB15E92-FEE2-4B9B-8AD2-4542ABE2EEBF_zps

912E0653-F1B2-4C04-AC55-9E85F45467C0_zps

3BA0FC9D-8FF4-4E95-B937-D1C22094D939_zps

062447ED-B16D-4075-AC10-D6414C42A35E_zps

9FCEC3BC-4C55-4B9D-ACE2-E29AA3698143_zps

8B0404D0-3D5E-4301-A8CB-6C35A2C50B49_zps

26D39A04-E89E-4A01-8A7D-EEF37D090EC0_zps

It was a great day! yay

very nice group of folks smile

the ol' big block surprised me, it got approx 12 MPG eek witch was better than I expected lol

Bought the last few things I need to get her going again, and some paint to make the engine look pretty when it's all back together.