What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

When I decided to install the power options & keyless entry, I knew I needed to organize and clean up all that wiring cluster. I elected to use the gauge pod for placement of the keyless module, relay and keyless fuse cluster. Basically, I separated the wiring into 3 looms with each going to a specific location. This wiring is centralized in the gauge pod and routed out from there. The whole idea was to keep it all tucked under dash and still allow gauge pod removal for inspection/repair without the need of unplugging anything. I simply pull forward the pod and is then released from dash and can be placed on passenger seat. When replacing, I can easily replace loom clusters back behind dash and out of sight. It worked better than I had expected! I spent easily 2 days on this portion of the project and until done and seeing the results, got no pleasure from it. cry

Anyway, here is basically the result.

100_4190.jpg

100_4188.jpg

100_4217.jpg

Doug

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job cleaning up that spaghetti Doug, looks great!

Finally installed the upper show panel to match my lower show panel, this arrived the day after I left for Carlisle last year. It's been sitting in an unopened box for nearly a year lol

Also installed a trans cooler for added protection of my new trans.

4B76E863-17F2-4ADB-AEDB-20B2D9DBEB00_zps

F715679B-BBED-43C1-8E20-1E0994B6A3E4_zps

025B5B12-4142-4CD7-B856-923A5D741C62_zps

Nice job cleaning up that spaghetti Doug, looks great!

Finally installed the upper show panel to match my lower show panel, this arrived the day after I left for Carlisle last year. It's been sitting in an unopened box for nearly a year

Looks GREAT Cory! Make sure your wearing sunglasses when in the Sun or you might burn your Retinas out...... kicking

Doug

Due to the recent trans conversion I had to remove my prior throttle bracket which had a very nice integrated throttle return spring set up. Wasn't sure what to do to replace it so did some fabricating and came up with this. Started with some raw aluminum flat stock, made a few bends, drilled a few holes, polished it up. Works great and looks pretty good too, good enough for me!

The raw aluminum I started with

FFD605EB-36EF-48A5-BDC1-9C5EB32550CC_zps

Finished product

15E21FE8-2E14-4AA2-AE5C-936658BCE506_zps

ECC7A2C7-6A86-4939-8763-B97D0DB5C456_zps

11CFC8CC-BED1-4822-83BE-3BD72887014F_zps

C1B3B20B-F9D9-413C-92AC-E77BBFE749A3_zps

5DEEF78C-5312-4067-B884-DD9D461BE3B4_zps

266B115C-B600-4ED9-AF69-2EFAF4C027AC_zps

E7207239-BD9C-4D9C-8EA0-27EF97AF8E20_zps

More finishing touches on the overdrive conversion and installed my new 3 point belts

2E6A1937-692F-46A3-809B-CD1AF37E855F_zps

6C57211F-7DC9-495A-8FA2-5016096563C5_zps

D231B115-1F67-40DE-8385-8986126C6716_zps

Due to the recent trans conversion I had to remove my prior throttle bracket which had a very nice integrated throttle return spring set up. Wasn't sure what to do to replace it so did some fabricating and came up with this. Started with some raw aluminum flat stock, made a few bends, drilled a few holes, polished it up. Works great and looks pretty good too, good enough for me!

The raw aluminum I started with

FFD605EB-36EF-48A5-BDC1-9C5EB32550CC_zps

Finished product

15E21FE8-2E14-4AA2-AE5C-936658BCE506_zps

ECC7A2C7-6A86-4939-8763-B97D0DB5C456_zps

11CFC8CC-BED1-4822-83BE-3BD72887014F_zps

C1B3B20B-F9D9-413C-92AC-E77BBFE749A3_zps

5DEEF78C-5312-4067-B884-DD9D461BE3B4_zps

266B115C-B600-4ED9-AF69-2EFAF4C027AC_zps

E7207239-BD9C-4D9C-8EA0-27EF97AF8E20_zps

I see you are still using Mr Gasket water neck.....time for an upgrade on that.

Shhhhh, no don't talk about it or it might start to leak! Hasn't been a problem yet, knock on wood grain lol Not sure, can't remember but it probably is Mr. Gasket, I'm already slowly replacing some of the cheaper junk with better quality parts. Lesson to everyone including myself, spend your money on good quality parts the first time!

Originally Posted By: 7tonemonte
Awesome work on the throttle bracket piece Cory! The detail work on your car is second to none!

Thanks Tony, it's never ending as I'm sure you know. It's also a bit of an addiction, hi my name is Cory and I'm a Monteholic smile

I think you're in the wrong place, if you're trying to quit... try one of the Ford forums, I betcha their cars'll make you quit automobiles for life!

Finished installing the power driver bucket seat. All checks out and am ready to enjoy all the new stuff I added this year! band

Here is what I started with and the finished product!

100_4228.jpg

100_4230.jpg

WHEW! night

Doug

Originally Posted By: Rock

Shhhhh, no don't talk about it or it might start to leak! Hasn't been a problem yet, knock on wood grain lol Not sure, can't remember but it probably is Mr. Gasket, I'm already slowly replacing some of the cheaper junk with better quality parts. Lesson to everyone including myself, spend your money on good quality parts the first time!

Originally Posted By: 7tonemonte
Awesome work on the throttle bracket piece Cory! The detail work on your car is second to none!

Thanks Tony, it's never ending as I'm sure you know. It's also a bit of an addiction, hi my name is Cory and I'm a Monteholic smile

Only decent water neck I could find was at summit. It was the stainless steel one that swivels and man was it nice!!!! It will never warp. But it was spendy..... $150.

20140518_104048_zpsc93e9f61.jpg

Went to my first car show....sorry to report I failed to get a plaque. But I did get some nice feedback and an occasional know it all! Malyc did show up and we talked quite a while ....nice guy. Hope to see ya on Wednesday. And of course the place was overwhelmed with Chevelles and I think they all got plaques......I was the only Monte and got very little respect. I even think someone asked if was a Chevelle.....I said no, this is what happened when the engineers and designers got it right!!

Was a fun time Rock, and a very nice car! Few more weeks and I should have mine right there along with ya!

Hopefully work'll be nice and let me out at a decent time so I can join you Wednesday.

We took the Monte out for the first time of the year. As a matter of fact it was the first time in 10 years the Monte and her sister the Model A have been out together. Our oldest son drove my Monte and I took the A. It was good to see them together again.

Rob

We took the Monte out for the first time of the year. As a matter of fact it was the first time in 10 years the Monte and her sister the Model A have been out together. Our oldest son drove my Monte and I took the A. It was good to see them together again.

Rob

How cool is that Rob!

I've finished the restoration jobs I've been doing for others and I was able to spend the last 3 days on my own car. Yay!

I was able to get all but 2 of the body mount bolts out without breaking them. Those 2 are in the front and they'll be easy to fix. I took the control arms off the rear end, put the engine back on the run stand, and got everything off the firewall. I also stripped the interior and built a big, hanging shelf to store parts on. I'm putting together a pile of parts to send along with the frame to have powder coated. I hope to get the frame out from under the body this week.

It feels good to make some visible progress.

Dan

I've finished the restoration jobs I've been doing for others and I was able to spend the last 3 days on my own car. Yay!

I was able to get all but 2 of the body mount bolts out without breaking them. Those 2 are in the front and they'll be easy to fix. I took the control arms off the rear end, put the engine back on the run stand, and got everything off the firewall. I also stripped the interior and built a big, hanging shelf to store parts on. I'm putting together a pile of parts to send along with the frame to have powder coated. I hope to get the frame out from under the body this week.

It feels good to make some visible progress.

Dan

I see no visable progress.