What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

400 small block less cam, carb and distributor, but he had them, 4 bolt main 350 (disassembled), 700r4 trans, the necessary parts to rebuild the 350, and an engine stand for $520. The 400 ran when he pulled it to put in an '88 firebird, so I'm thinking that'll be the Monte's new heart.

finished welding in the floor/rocker combo and cut out the entire trunk, and now sits the new trunk dry fit ,waiting to get welded in too..a good day, with no hospital visits yay2beers

finished welding in the floor/rocker combo and cut out the entire trunk, and now sits the new trunk dry fit ,waiting to get welded in too..a good day, with no hospital visits yay2beers

That's a good day Bill...well done! wink

..a good day, with no hospital visits yay2beers

I thought hospital visits were part of the hobby.

Rob

found out today the hard way that the 1 piece trunk I bought in the fall (chevelle) will not fit in my car..after a chat with Leo Konnik it looks like I will be doing a 9 hour round trip to the lovely state of Michigan to fix the boo-boo...unless anybody from Oshawa to Michigan has a donor piece available from the rear tail light panel to the bottom of the trunk...ouchy eek

Looks good, did you make it yourself?

That is a product of Undercover Innovations which is one of our club sponsors.

Rob

I have the exact same problem monte0... That's something that would look sharp once I get the body cleaned up though.

Order $300 worth of parts Sunday and will get to install a few tomorrow before I head to the the real job that is supplying the money for this project. Should be bolting a door on the shell with reproduction door hinges. Started on body work on the shell.

Over the past few days have been doing inspections and filling fluids. Also installed correct long driver door remote and some wire harness routing for the power window/door locks. Decided a place to mount my module for keyless entry/trunk release.

Doug

I washed both Montes today. Feels good to have a day off as I just finished up my busy season at work.