What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: cbolt
Installed a chin spoiler

No pics, no chin spoiler lol

Ok it really did happen, posting a couple of pics for Jim. Beauty of a 72, a little hard to see in pics but he is going to try to get better pics later.

52E1D1C6-14FE-4786-BC03-9A597C7E455E_zps

61DE73F9-C7EB-4926-B4F0-FECA79C6CC7D_zps

Got it out of the garage and washed it. I think I have a cooling problem as it went above 220 degrees and I shut her down.

Drove it to work again. I put on about 40 miles a day and working 7 days a week right now. Going through lots of gas in the 454 but its a lot of fun.

Drove it, first time this year. Prior to starting, I poured a bit of gasoline down the carb and it fired right up. Sure is better than cranking till the carb refills! Why haven't I done this for the past 25+ years? Sure was fun to drive it again.

Bruce

Knocked the scum off the surface, dusted her off, did a bit of cleaning, put on my new plate and went for a little cruise.

All clean

3FDB4BA9-E3B1-49F5-A698-334E08F4E2FD_zps

Last years plate

0E7F9F83-77A7-4485-B5FE-379BEE75942F_zps

Due to the recent discussions on how many CUSTOMS are out there I thought this plate was in order for this year

E59F748B-EF15-49E0-ADFE-632F7F6BE437_zps

I nearly finished the disc brake conversion, removed the gas tank and tried to straiten up around the car. Lots of tools, old bolts, etc. laying around. Now it is organized so I can get back at it after church tomorrow.

How much did the parts cost for doing that, Rock?

I bought the kit from Tamaraz. It was $130.00. You get all the rubber seals with the plastic keepers. They were all pretty easy to replace. The door seals were the hardest cause you have to remove the inner panel.

Definitely something for me to look into, then... I get a nice steady drip from the mirror onto my seats when it rains >.<

"What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?"

Well today I did something "for" my Monte Carlo and that was install a long over due garage door opener.

Quote:
Definitely something for me to look into, then... I get a nice steady drip from the mirror onto my seats when it rains >.<

FYI, the seals he bought from Tamraz are for the side glass and trunk, not the windshield. Isn't your leak at the windshield?

The windshield was installed without a soft rubber seal. You can reseal it. Read here.

Dan