What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took my 72 out for a drive and man did it feel goot. Stopped by a friends house and we made a rough sketch of what the receiver hitch is gonna look like. Now all I needs to do is get the parts for hm to weld it up and bolt it on. I luv it when a plan comes together.

Larry I had a nice cruise with my youngest daughter, about 75 miles of pure fun. Visited a friend who has a body shop. I need a new front windshield and my new front bumper moved over about 3/8", he'll getter done for me. We had sunny weather in the mid 70's. Another beautiful Central California Coast day.

Went out today and pulled the cover gettingreadyforspringwork001_zps2eb849d6 needs to dust it off gettingreadyforspringwork002_zps4b740c14 Have had a few people ask how my sits so low roof height is roughly 4' gettingreadyforspringwork003_zpsf3d4c991 Did take a look at our other car/truck that is in the garage getting ready to finish it up hopefully this year.

Have had a few people ask how my sits so low roof height is roughly 4'.

Mine sits like that too. Do you think the springs are sagging a bit? Most of my friends think its cool and I should leave it as is. I agree, thanks for posting your pics, it helps to see another Monte sitting at that level. (P.S. I really like the way you modified your hood, looks great.)

Patrick,

My 72 sat just like yours when I got it. The original springs had sagged over the years. I put in new OEM style rear springs (not too hard to do) and it made a difference in the look of the car and handling. It gave the car a slight rake but not too much. I liked the look.

Before:

AaronD117.jpg

After:

00315.JPG

Patrick on my I went with lowering springs front and back to give it a 1"drop. What I think needs to be replaced is the 44 year old body bushing. As for the hood its a custom build we did on the car before it got repainted.

Thanks Aaron, I like the more level or raked as you put it look too. I've thought about new springs, I just don't know yet. How as the ride improved, I have new shocks all around and my Monte has a real nice ride.

Thanks Robert, my body bushings are pretty good, I snapped a picture on my replacing bumpers thread. I know they will have to be done some day though.

Went to the local cruise in this evening. The Monte got a lot of attention as usual. I got to "unveil" the trunk upholstery, the aluminum compressor, and the show panel. It was good to kick some tires and talk cars with old friends.

Went to the local cruise in this evening. The Monte got a lot of attention as usual. I got to "unveil" the trunk upholstery, the aluminum compressor, and the show panel. It was good to kick some tires and talk cars with old friends.

What's that like? It's been a long winter here!

Tomorrow I will be the proud owner of a bouncing baby 454. Friend of my dad's is selling his at a price I couldn't pass up. Will definitely be at home between the fenders in the monte. Something I've been looking for for quite some time but couldn't find one at a price I could afford.

Then after that I hope to have a really bouncing baby. My wife is 9 months pregnant and is due in the next 2 weeks so I will have my hands full in the months ahead.

Originally Posted By: cbolt

It was great! Not trying to rub it in but it was mid-70's breezy, and perfect for a cruise in. I don't go to the local cruise night too often due to my schedule and didn't realize how many people I know who attend regularly. Not to worry, spring is right around the corner and it will be nice weather for you and blazing hot for me.

Originally Posted By: cbolt

We have so much snow here in MN it wont all be gone till late May! mad

high 50's here yesterday and the day before and low teens today, thought ide be able to work onmy 72 today but too cold and no room inside untill I move my office to other side of shop. hopefully that will be done by next week. looks like the weather is going to break soon

New Plates for Monte: (71MC4PS) 1971 Monte Carlo for Patrick Sheean

Monteplates_zpscc8f209a.jpg

when I first read the plate my dirty mind took over....lol. Nice plate.

Thanks Glen, My mind can't conceive of anything off color, no need to fill me in, I will stay happily ignorant. Have a great evening, it is sunny and just under 80 degrees. I'm not rubbing it in, just enjoying our warm Gold Coast weather. Hang in there the ice will melt.

today I will be refinishing my hydroboost that came out of a 3/4 ton van

Opened the garage door, fired her up & backed her out of the barn for the first time since November. Sounded even better than I remembered. She's looking like a barn find with so much dust on her. Won't be driving down any road for quite a while yet due to tons of snow around here still. And need some April showers to wash away the salt too.

F9935871-6B8B-413E-A504-37ACF403909B_zps

1344CF54-681B-4AD9-BD5E-0BBE342B43EB_zps

94B87CF3-BA73-428D-8A96-C5CB53E7F7AF_zps

20140315_102335_zpsc36edd84.jpg

URL=http://s775.photobucket.com/user/glnewman3118k/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140315_102320_zps4965df1a.jpg.html]20140315_102320_zps4965df1a.jpg[/url]

Started putting the motor back together....have a few more parts coming and will need help with the heater hose replacements.

Opened the garage door, fired her up & backed her out of the barn for the first time since November. Sounded even better than I remembered. She's looking like a barn find with so much dust on her. Won't be driving down any road for quite a while yet due to tons of snow around here still. And need some April showers to wash away the salt too.

F9935871-6B8B-413E-A504-37ACF403909B_zps

1344CF54-681B-4AD9-BD5E-0BBE342B43EB_zps

94B87CF3-BA73-428D-8A96-C5CB53E7F7AF_zps

I sure would like to barn find your car! smile