What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let's see here

installed the driveshaft, heater hoes, cord for block heater, detail misc clips, throttle cable, touched up various bolts I clipped the paint off

Okay, no comment on the hoes, to each his own but I have to ask, why do you need a block heater? Are you planning to drive 'er to work in the dead of winter?!

over the weekend I removed the brake master cylinder, wiper motor, steering pump and the front sway bar...guess I should start doing pics now too...ohh and I measured up the rear axle for removal and modification and if it doesn't snow this week I should be able to pull motor and tranny

i got myself on of those tent garages so I can work on her during the blustier days...sunk 12" spikes into the driveway to hold it down..as long as I'm not in the wind the temp doesn't bother me too much

but I have to ask' date=' why do you need a block heater? Are you planning to drive 'er to work in the dead of winter?! [/quote']

this monte came with one from the factory grin

My car came home yesterday for a warm winters nap. Steves gotta lay off his knee for a bit and his wife wants the garage for snow season. Prepped my garage for her coming. Thought it was going to be tight fit but fits with plenty of room to spare. My wife posted pics on facebook if your friends with Steve I believe you can see them. I do not have an account.

Gotta say ..... Nice to have a car in my garage!

Dan

Finally, after almost two years,a good friend and I replaced the heater core. It took us about 4 1/2 hours to get it done. I must say that the guidance and pictures (thanks Bruce) from this site helped out a great deal. I know it doesn't get that cold out here, but it comes in handy to de-fog the windshield.

Sorry, no pictures....But it happened.

• 2 weeks later...

I gotsted a Battery Tender for the Monte fer Christmas. When my son in-law and i hooked everything up it blinked red which according to the instructions somting wern't right. Checked everthing, reread the instructions and we found no problems. Then I opened the door and no dome light. Battery dead. Started checking all lights and finally found that the glove box light was on when we hooked up the big charger. Charged it all night on the big charger adn rehooked up the Tender yesterday and it is working goot. Jamey reread the instructions again and we had missed the part where it told if the battery is dead the Tender will not work so's I guess reading instructions can be a good thing.

Xmas eve I emptied the trunk,back seat,front seat and front floorboards out of Santas gifts and placed them under the tree.

Today, I uncovered it, started it, let it idle and blew out some of the cob webs. Then shut it off, and put its blankie back on when it cooled down. Thats it

mad

I think I saw it shed a tear as I placed the cover back over. There is enough salt on the roads here to brine a turkey, Monte is going nowhere. I think I saw a deer licking my Denali this morning when I woke up

pulled the '71 out of the trailer and ran it a while, cleaned the wheels and coated them with fluid film so they won't rust

the 4 speed got it's radiator and fan shroud installed, now I need to find the correct upper hose for it, installed the new wiper jug and hoses, finished up the staples for the inner fender dust flaps, filled the trans and engine (engine got Joe Gibbs break-in oil) now I need two helpers to install the front bumper

now I need two helpers to install the front bumper grin

Helpers who needs stinkin helpers? I changed my front and rear bumpers with my friendly floor jack. No scratches no dings and no problems.

Fired up the Monte for the 1st time in over a year. Had to take apart the electric fuel pump and clean the screen. Boy that was a nice sound to hear those open headers rumble.