What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thumbs up to Tony and Sam. Must be those exta minutes of day light we are getting.

LOL!! Its that week and half off of work letting me do some work on the old girl. laugh

Did you get the idling problem solved?

I had a good day of straightening and polishing the stainless windshield trim and the wide beltline trim for my '70.

Dan

It looks and feels like metal to me, here's picture rear of the tail light that is all in one part, I don't see anything to take it apart any further.

Speaking of the rear of tail light, any advice on prep for primer, do I even bother to prime the rear of the tail light at all or not?

Rick, clean up the inside of the housing with steel wool, But first stuff cotton balls in the sockets. Then mask off real well and spray paint gloss white, several coats..paintedtaillite_zps2cc982d6.jpg

Your tail lights will really glow bright

Hey Dan,Hope to see your Monte "and trailer" this yr at GM Carlisle. Hope it is very hot so we can enjoy our suds ect smile

Do you have much to do to the Monte ?

Terry

Pulled all the front suspension out,upper/lower A frames,sway bar, springs ,cleaning, brushing ,sandblasting priming and painting,new caliptor back plates,new brake hoses (SS),turn rotors, new pads,Already have new ball joints ,A frame bushings ect. Will be installing the BB springs when it goes back together this week end I hope.

Terry

Car is drivable ( fenders/hood painted but not installed). From rear car looks done. Interior done minus rug and door panels. PW in with all glass but need to install PDL motors before we can install panels. Then install fenders/hood and front bumper and trim. 5000 grit wet sanding & polish. Then we need to install balance of exterior chrome.

Dash in, radio installed, rear deck done, trunk done & painted and car running otherwise. Been a long time coming and getting anxious. Looking forward to having a car to truly participate in a show.

Maybe I'll email some pics when I get home.

Dan

Looking good Scott, I was at about the same point as you last January. Great progress, that snowball is getting smaller, you are getting closer! yay