What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Got the filler panel painted and put on. I have the new bumper just need the bolts and parking light lenses to show up. Hopefully today they show up.

20140424_173323_zps2ba18bba.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulled the driver's side head off, found this little beauty occupying Cylinder #5

2014-04-23_14-03-29_6_zpsf86a52a3.jpg

Sooo... anyone have anything cool I should do when I go to rebuild?

What is that?

....and go big!

I did Nothing to it, but did get in it today with Alli, and take off for Lancaster. Great day for a cruise, did some shopping, out to lunch, stopped for a case of beer to watch the Flyers tonight....... Great day off work!

I ordered the new seat belts too, can't wait to install them! yay been a great day here so far

That is a melted piston... And if the block is shot, I'm probably going smaller, but with bigger power.

That is a melted piston... And if the block is shot, I'm probably going smaller, but with bigger power.

That sucks. Is the cylinder wall messed up too?

Hard to tell with the block still in the car, but it doesn't look like it's too bad... But then, it doesn't take much. Gotta wait a few weeks to build up some money before I can get started though, because it couldn't have happened -before- I had new exhaust installed =(

I'm honestly not sure... The intake manifold gasket and headgasket both looked ok, beyond the damage I caused when I pulled the headgasket off, but I don't think the head itself was properly torqued down. It seemed to get easier to break the bolts loose the farther back I got.

First time I've run into something like this, honestly.

After a few years of sitting on the side line, been busy moving around a lot, I joined FGMCC today, ordered a D.U.I distributor and hope to get my t-shirt order from Tony finalized today as well.

MC1970U

Replaced the broken power steering hose bracket/clamp. Gave it it's second oil change in in the last 19 years (2400 miles).

Originally Posted By: 70mcarlo
Looking good, Rock!!! smile

Yep....I will have $15 grand in a $10 grand car! rofl

Thanks.

You guys could buy a 50,000 SUV and in 43 years what will it be worth? We've got good investments here, I know you know that, enjoy them and have a great summer!

today I will be mocking up the floor/rocker combo for the big install...making a sandblast box....and painting my hydroboost that I cleaned up last night...then try to figure out how to make this photobucket thing work...big day

Just left Carlisle PA with a few parts. 10155197_756472551054387_861796874805030 power swivel bucket seats, also found a pair of sport mirrors. Also picked up this 10172729_756472587721050_512348950282589 lenses are good, none of the mounting points are broken, chrome is very nice. I had a guy want to buy it while having lunch.

Wow Rob, seats are in, tires are mounted, that thing should be on the road next month! lol

So funny I was looking at them seats with my friend, and you ended up getting them

I finally got to drive mine. I put 120 miles on it yesterday and was getting lots of thumbs up from drivers everywhere. Now I have some oil leaks. You would think that a car that had been resting since 1985 would not have the nerve to develop a leak! Looks like rear main seal. GRRRR.

Drained the radiator and ran it with distilled water and vinegar and let it sit over night. Now I will flush, flush and flush again to clean all the crud out then install the new aluminum radiator. Anyone need a stock radiator in good shape? I will post pics later today when I get it out.

Changed the oil, tighten up the upper control arms, installed new exhaust tips and put on rear shock and new tires back on car. Also started it for the first time this year hope to get it out by next weekend and wash it.

Leo

Looked at a pair of engines and misc parts that were listed on Craigslist... looks like the Monte will be getting a heart transplant sooner than I thought!