What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Got to drive Monte today, had two vehicles in the shop, it turned out to be really fun, I haven't driven Monte for about a month. Getting some new springs from Leo Konik and can't wait to get Monte off of the ground. You can probably see from my signature picture that she's riding kind of low. It's okay if you do it on purpose, but not because of sagging springs.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the money together for repairs, and contacted the guy who has those engines for sale... Should be able to pick em up Sunday!

today I will be finishing the paint on my hydroboost and picking up some bondo to get rid of the pimple pocks on my firewall

Washed and waxed it yesterday so that we can watch it rain today. Was planning on going out to the Antique Festival and car show today.

What, Michigan and rain? It only rained because you did wash your car!

You know it ! I am going to throw out grass seed three days before every car show. because nothing dries up the weather like me wasting $$$ on seed.

Drove to a swap meed with 4 centre caps on the car, drove home with three. I hate thieves. mad

I pulled the car cover off the 70 fixed the power window and then gave it a shower 001_zps15801511.jpg Then we bolted on the doors we had on the 72 body to make the car look better 003_zps15533db0.jpg used reproduction hinges so far no adjustment needed. Front control arms knocked off ready for new ones 004_zps890ac93c.jpg. Fuel cell got a box made for it to sit in and welded in place 006_zpsca41d4c4.jpg cell holds 20 gallons.

today I welded up the blower and heater core holes in the firewall...hydroboost turned out very nice too yay

Finally took the girl out for the first drive of the year. Forgot how good the side shifting barking tires on the second gear shift feels. Got a couple tire chirps on the third gear shifts as well when I really laid into her. I think she missed being driven as well smirk . Thank goodness for long, straight, empty country roads wink . - Dave

Got mah engines and parts! Gotta tear down the 400 to see if there's any problems, then going to drop it in.

It looks Really Sharp Glen.

Rob

The new bumper and parking lights make a noticeable difference.

thanks.

Due to the weather didn't take the Monte out on Saturday, Sunday morning (crappy/Windy/rainy) went to the Bearing Burners car show and swap meet. Didn't find much in the way of first gen stuff except center caps (I think they were imported from Canada),most were $20. Saw a guy walking around with a milk crate that he bought overflowing with them.

Cleared up in the late afternoon so I took it out for a long drive.

I'de better say sorry for the Canada comment, I don't want carma taking it out on my caps.

Got the new bumper on.

20140504_194204_zps5eeb2999.jpg

20140504_194341_zps0579c451.jpg

They dont give you much adjustment from side to side. My bumper is about 3/8" off center I even oblonged the holes in the brackets. Anyone else experience this with aftermarket bumpers?

I had the same problem with my 72. Elongated the holes on the passenger side and shimmed the drivers side where the brackets mounted tot he frame. It looks much better but still not real happy with it.

Since we got one of the swivel seats apart to test the elec motor and gears we cleaned up the swivel base e584a778-caa7-47d2-bb1f-2975818bd473_zps flat black with the swivel arm painted chrome. Sunday we fab up some fuel cell straps and got them painted flat black 003_zps8823f261.jpg Also got the rear panel test fitted and ready to be welded in place 002_zpsa30e9e99.jpg

I had the same problem with my 72. Elongated the holes on the passenger side and shimmed the drivers side where the brackets mounted tot he frame. It looks much better but still not real happy with it.

Exactly what I had to do....I ran out of metal to elongate. I know it's there but others don't see it. My neighbor never would of noticed if I didn't point it out to him.

Due to the weather didn't take the Monte out on Saturday, Sunday morning (crappy/Windy/rainy) went to the Bearing Burners car show and swap meet. Didn't find much in the way of first gen stuff except center caps (I think they were imported from Canada),most were $20. Saw a guy walking around with a milk crate that he bought overflowing with them.

Cleared up in the late afternoon so I took it out for a long drive.

I'de better say sorry for the Canada comment, I don't want carma taking it out on my caps.

LOL grin