Front End

jvssmail

I recently picked up a 1972 monte that I was going to do a minor resto on to use basically as a driver. After going over the car Ive decided to do some modifications and enhance it somewhat. I tore down the front of the car and have purchased all new tubular control arms, spindles, rotors, calipers, backing plates, brake lines master cyl and booster. all new steering components , new radiator support. My question is this, The original fenders have some rot on the bottoms and have previously been patched. Should I re patch them or would I be better off going with a set of fiberglass fenders from glass tec. ? would this affect the value of the car drastically? Im really not very concerned with selling the car at this point but down the road how would the glass fenders affect the value. Possibly adding a glass cowl hood also. I can save the original nose if nessessary.

fix the originals, you will be sorely disappointed with the fiberglass ones!!!

ditto

For a street driven car the amount of work needed to make them useable is way more than fixing the steel ones.

welcome to the FGMCC also

FORGET using patch panels. I've seen them installed and they look awful.

Better off making your own if you know how to do some metal fab. If not good time to learn. smile You'll spend more time getting the repros to fit the right way by that time you could have made them yourself. And most fenders don't need the hole patch anyway.

Welcome aboard!

Those patch panel do not have the correct contour and proper radius on then edge.Tried them and a lot of work to look right