Finally Getting Paint

Well. It is finally happening. I trailered the 70 Monte over to my friends paint shop sunday morning for paint. My friend Dave has been in the auto body repair business for over 30 years. He currently works at Saginaw Valley FORD in Saginaw, Mi and operates a collision shop in Akron, Mi where I have taken the Monte. I will Post pictures here when he sends me them.

He is going over my Work I have done to the car with a fine tooth comb, basically.

Here is where he started last night with the upper left rear quarter. The doors will be coming off. He found some areas I missed.

I told him last night that this is freaking me out cause it is going to be way to expensive for me. He in turn told me that this is a free Bee. He is not charging me for this work. Only for the clear coat and other materials. I am very Blessed to have a friend like Dave. If your on Facebook. Check out his Facebook page. Dave's Custom Paint and check out some of the work he has done.

th_received_1641411799430353_zpszq6e5rlj

• Like 1

Tony, that is GREAT news!!!!  Everyone should have a friend like that.   Hey Tony D, want to be my best friend?   All joking aside, you are truly lucky to have a friend like this and I, like others can't wait to see the end results.

rob

• Like 1

I should have it in Norwalk. It may not be completely done. Lol.

Nothing to update on the car yet. My friends Dave had issues with other things he said, the past 2 days. I'm not going to pester him. :)

I went out to Dave's Body shop this morning to help block the Shell. Dave has to spot prime a couple of little areas that are low. I'm suppose to go back out Tuesday or Wednesday night to prep the door jams. Then next weekend he is spraying color on the shell.

post-678-0-32752000-1448220613_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Went out to the Shop last light for an hour and roughed up the door jams on the Monte. Pushed the car out of the garage and blew out the Shop. Next up masking and some color. Left quarter is all nice and smooth now.

post-678-0-31955500-1448450723_thumb.jpg

post-678-0-75110400-1448450745_thumb.jpg

post-678-0-34213600-1448450770_thumb.jpg