aluminum intake

joseph

Sorry, can't answer but if anyone "blasts" an intake manifold that has a heat shield on the under side, media can get in there and ruin an engine later.

Bruce

I've heard of people bead blasting intakes......I just used cleaned the heck out of it with de-greaser and painted chevy orange.

DSCF1701_zps2cef907a.jpg

Powder coat it. We have a place on the north side of INDY that will powder coat it and make it look like chrome. I have seen a few of them they have done and look great.

I had mine powder coated with a chrome finish. Still looks brand new after quite a few years. It was the best $120 I spent.

This is about the best picture I can find of it right now. The Dart valve covers were also powder coated.

IMG_0738.jpg

Yep Sam ceramic coat the intake. I sold Steve L. my air gap that was ceramic coated. He was impressed. Had a 6 duce intake done for my buddies 30, and a few others. It holds up great and if you do some smoothing it looks even better. nothing will discolor it.

Yep Sam ceramic coat the intake. I sold Steve L. my air gap that was ceramic coated. He was impressed. Had a 6 duce intake done for my buddies 30, and a few others. It holds up great and if you do some smoothing it looks even better. nothing will discolor it.

^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^

I have had two intakes done(RPM and my current Vic Jr) and it does look nice. Easy to clean and impervious to oil, gas and heat.

David

I tried some engine clear rattle can paint on mine before I installed it, with the thought of keeping it looking factory-fresh or at least easier to clean. Don't do it. Mine has yellowed in areas that maybe received a thicker layer (it's near impossible to tell as you do it) and can't be cleaned off. Big mistake.

If I ever have that intake off again, I might go with a clear or silver powdercoat...or that pretty orange color.

One of the best cleaners I have found during my rebuild is Easy Off oven cleaner. Get the stinky kind, it works better. I used that and painted my trans and water pump hammer tone silver. I am very happy with the results!

FntWtrPmp_zps599f410e.jpg

MotornTransinFrameRearView_zpsf39fda7d.j[/img]

• 2 months later...