front marker lights dont blink

pocobill7t1

Bill there is two different ways for th headlight to be wired. One way works as you stated yours is doing the and the parking lights will blink only. The other way will cause the marker lights to blink as the turn signals blink. I currently dont have the diagram handy on which connection on the head light switch does which way.

I deleted the extra photo for you Bill.

For your 70, it might just be the flasher unit that is plugged in under your dash. I've changed mine before, easy and inexpensive.

GFS-502.jpg

Just this year my 72 did the same thing (front stayed lit and did not blink), back lights did blink properly. I don't even remember looking at the bulbs I just stopped at the parts store and picked up two new lamps on my way home from work one day and installed them. It solved my problem...seeing how I am an electrician you would think I would be curious as to why they stopped working but I am not...I just chucked them in the garbage... :D

I just reread your post...are you talking about the front fender "marker lights" or the front bumper "marker lights" aka "parking lights"?

In my previous post I was referring to the bumper lights or in my case the lights next to the grill.

It was the front fender marker lights, the front parking lights work fine and the rears work fine.

It is just the fender markers that just don't flash, I changed the flasher unit and still no workeeeee

My 72's front marker lights (front fender lower trim lights) do blink, I looked at them yesterday...later today I am going to have to check the back ones because now I am curious.

Just checked my 71 again.

All left bulbs flash with left T/S on

All right bulbs flash with right T/S on

All EXCEPT the Right and Left REAR side markers, flash when 4 Way flashers are on. Side rears are dark.

All light up steady with H/L on.

My right up on this issue in June was very poor, sorry for that.

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...