Battery for a 1970

My books are all showing either a top post or side post. I’m guessing it’s an early or late thing. Does anyone have a 70 with a side post battery? I can do this with a dual post but that would effect 71-72. Secondary question. Would you Monte owners have a problem with having a dual post battery in your car? I personally like them on side post car for testing and jumping purposes. 

• Like 1

IIRC 70's were side posts. When I got mine the OP had a top and side post battery installed, pretty slick. I have top posts in mine now, but when searching replacement batteries on the Interstate web site they list all side posts........

Do you all have a problem putting a dual post battery in your car???? I know it’s not original but is it acceptable??? There is a reason I need to know this. Thanks 

Interstate has a nice black battery with side posts. I prefer the side post. I just bought a ACDelco side post battery from GM for $192.00 tax included. image.png.a81966784f4ad58cd5d49e55fc5cd185.png

• 1 month later...

I have a side post in mine, but put the top post adapters on it. The battery shut off seems to work better with the larger posts, plus the larger posts are easier to test/jump the battery.