19 minutes ago, jft69z said:

From the Bills stadium. No way the game was happening there today.

stadium.JPG

Hold on, Joe!!!!  

I stopped at O’Hare for gas and posse’d-up the runway clearing team. They’re on the way northeast to your location. 

6B84E514-56E2-414F-A17A-DB084A3509D8.jpeg

11490084-BBB4-4634-9859-E6623315A511.jpeg

43F49DE0-A721-498F-8B7C-993009753904.jpeg

95BB2B5D-A953-455A-B6E9-7E106E821BCA.jpeg

B8E5EB39-3952-4D81-917D-C42F99D781C7.jpeg

Just now, Glen said:

Hold on, Joe!!!!  

I stopped at O’Hare for gas and posse’d-up the runway clearing team. They’re on the way northeast to your location. 

6B84E514-56E2-414F-A17A-DB084A3509D8.jpeg

11490084-BBB4-4634-9859-E6623315A511.jpeg

43F49DE0-A721-498F-8B7C-993009753904.jpeg

95BB2B5D-A953-455A-B6E9-7E106E821BCA.jpeg

B8E5EB39-3952-4D81-917D-C42F99D781C7.jpeg

I wonder who’s paying that fuel bill?  Good for them, they have the equipment. So does New York but not enough of it. 

Wow ,  that's some unbelievable snow removal equipment there  !!  

Those guys work really hard to make the roads a little bit more safe especially for emergency situations 

I certainly do appreciate them for that !!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Glen said:

Hold on, Joe!!!!  

Thanks Glen, that's nice of you!

1 hour ago, Glen said:
1 hour ago, Dtret said:

I wonder who’s paying that fuel bill?  Good for them, they have the equipment. So does New York but not enough of it. 

Glen is paying, he rounded them up!

The Buffalo airport was operational yesterday morning, even though most of the carriers had cancelled flights of their own accord. They do a real good job out there, it's not their first rodeo.

The other problem was most of Erie County had a travel ban, so technically, people shouldn't be on the roads to catch a flight anyways. Catch-22.

They did get the football team out though, must be 'essential' personnel.

Just got this from my buddy Paul in Buffalo (who is also a member here)...

He captioned it,  "Dude, where's my car"  🤣

123_1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, jft69z said:

Just got this from my buddy Paul in Buffalo (who is also a member here)...

He captioned it,  "Dude, where's my car"  🤣

123_1.jpg

I glad to see that. When they say no parking on the streets during a snow emergency, the plow trucks handle it. Good for them. I think a cop should still give them a ticket for illegal parking. Lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I glad to see that. When they say no parking on the streets during a snow emergency, the plow trucks handle it. Good for them. I think a cop should still give them a ticket for illegal parking. Lol. 

The news was saying they ticketed a lot of people who got stuck during the travel ban, then the cost of getting the cars towed will add to the price. A lot of streets turned into parking lots because people ignored the ban and then got stuck, the domino effect happened after that as more cars/trucks got stuck behind them.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, willie said:

Joe as funny as that pic is, your not telling the whole story. There are 2 smart cars under the jeep!!  lol

The cars may be smart, the owners appear to be dumb though 😳 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

What they got was caused by the lake effect snow which is not uncommon from Erie Pa through Buffalo, NY.

rob

Oh yea I know all about lake effect we get that here only we get ours off lake Ontario not Erie. Lake Erie will freeze over later in the winter so lake effect will stop, lake Ontario does not freeze over completely so we get lake effect all winter long.  Northern NY got 5 feet during this storm but that barely makes the news because it happens all the time up there. It slowed them down for a day but never really caused the chaos as western ny.

These were the totals as of yesterday.  Pretty accurate for my house at 15".

They're still digging Buffalo out, going to be a long road for them.

20221121_231002.jpg

• Sad 2

My Goodness Joe, you were lucky 15 min down and you would of got hammered also!!!   Hope everyone in all areas are safe and sound! I don't like that stuff anymore. I didn't mind it for the kids, but not anymore. Everyone here has to chase their tails at 100 mph and can't control the car/truck, and wind up smacking other cars and the wall. Seen it many times, they are always in a rush to go nowhere!!

Stay safe everyone!!!

• Like 3