WTB - big block A/C air compressor brackets

I'm sure someone may have used ones laying around or you can check out places like Ground up, which I know has new kits or the parts place, ausleys Chevelle parts etc. Even comes with new bolts and spacers I believe. 

My factory A/C compressor is locked up. It was that way when I got the car.

Is the Sanden style compressor a good replacement, or should I find a rebuild kit for my factory compressor?

Are there any options for AC brackets with taller than stock valve covers?

9 minutes ago, 72 Monte Carlo said:

My factory A/C compressor is locked up. It was that way when I got the car.

Is the Sanden style compressor a good replacement, or should I find a rebuild kit for my factory compressor?

Are there any options for AC brackets with taller than stock valve covers?

They are rebuildable we did learn how to do them in GM school but unfortunately it was the day we were leaving for Christmas break and a few of us had a liquid lunch so I really don't remember much about that afternoon except our teacher was really mad at up for doing it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

May not be an issue with the tall valve covers. And that's a slight, may. 

Some modifications may be needed. Whenever changing anything from stock/factory modifications are always a possibility. Shouldn't be major modifications though. 

2 minutes ago, 1Bad454 said:

Alma products make a brand new A6 compressor. They bought the tooling from GM. 

I read that the Sanden S6 compressor is more efficient and less prone to leaking compared to the A6 compressor.

29 minutes ago, 72 Monte Carlo said:

I read that the Sanden S6 compressor is more efficient and less prone to leaking compared to the A6 compressor.

That's the route I'd take if I was looking for a stock-ish looking replacement. Paint it black, bolt it in the factory brackets.

• Like 3