P02 hubcaps

MC1of80

At the Carlisle mini meet a few of us brought up the p02 hubcaps. AKA the 72 custom hubcap. My 71 402 aka Barn Find also has these hubcaps from the factory.

They were used on the late 60s corvettes also. The difference is the center of the hubcap. The Corvette has a raised chrome center with the emblem recessed into it while the ones used on the Monte Carlo are flat. 

Here are some pics of the 2 hubcaps and an NOS P02 center for the Monte Carlo. 

These hubcaps must be used with a 15x7 wheel or deeper. They will stick out 1" from the rim if you try to install them on a 15x6 rim. 

PXL_20230629_175752595.jpg

PXL_20230629_175805953.jpg

PXL_20230629_175810165.jpg

PXL_20230629_175759149.jpg

Edited by MC1of80
  • Like 6

Tom i see the difference from what we all spoke about. 

Do you happen to have the GM part number for the MONTE center caps, so i can keep my eye on them if they pop up on E bay???

2 hours ago, willie said:

Tom i see the difference from what we all spoke about. 

Do you happen to have the GM part number for the MONTE center caps, so i can keep my eye on them if they pop up on E bay???

I will get the number for you tomorrow Willie. They are in the trunk of Barn Find at Kevin's house. 

• Like 2

hi, i put my hubcaps back on my custom after about 35 + years of ralley wheels , had the 8/15 then 7/15 now back to the custom optioned hub caps

• Like 1

Tom Thank You for putting the part number out there for me

Joe Thanks for checking ebay i have to look later as i was having trouble with the comp before.

Dennis dont get any ideas Mr ambulance chaser!!!

Roger if i didnt have to they wouldnt be on mine either. LOL

• Like 1
  • You're Welcome 1
  • Haha 1

I'll be changing these out at the car shows, rally to the caps, just to mix it up a bit. I know at 1 show I switched them out and someone came by that saw the car and mentioned.       " that wasn't here before "... I just had to laugh. Mine are not perfect but I do like them. I have like 12 of them. Shipping was costly.

• Like 3

i do have 4 nos i bought along time ago ,that i believe i paid 20 or 25 in the gm boxes for all 4, i will hang on to them for now roger

• Like 2