Oh,what a night! Late July back in 23 šŸŽ¶

Searsman

Oh what a night ! An understatement. This storm comes Barreling in about 9 right at the edge of dark last night, blowing things everywhere,acting all bad. Ok, go ahead storm, get outta here.. ! Well. It didnā€™t, it decided to stick around. For 7 terrible hours!. Till 4 in the morning.. Ā Heavy rain, terrible lightning āš”ļø. Didnā€™t stop till 4 Am.. needless to say, no sleep, power goes off, sump pump on overtime till power goes off! Never have I seen a storm just stop in one spot. Started taking radar pictures at one am.. finally fell asleep after two.. pictures show it stayed in one location and finally dissipated about 4 am.. Ā leaving almost 8 inches of rain..also one similar up north of Cincinnati, probably close to Dennis T.... all is well here in spite, at least we are safe this morning.. Ron..CF6C0A6F-E145-4136-921D-FECF9F4ABDD3.thumb.png.55c0c63dc18cb2f20318d8cbd9beecf1.png8800CCA0-31CE-4523-A3D2-8F1CADD8E81C.thumb.png.dc209a55cef4b8da69f3d32c784e0d1e.png0160A655-84AA-47A6-A11C-3132E8D4CB2F.thumb.png.909c6482cd8cc5af18a6f558cfffbced.png46B99EE0-048B-405B-8B2D-AFB5AF2F4035.thumb.png.76a22f7dc08aa2e11bd1398f7568e4f9.png1949A45D-AC0E-4CE2-AC50-C688C2BFFC74.thumb.png.4aa19d602ed43fbda94eb000fce66f24.png

• Sad 2

We did get one here too. Some spots saw upwards of 5 inches per hour. I was lucky it split my area. We got very little rain ( inch or so) but you could tell by looking that someone was getting hammered. Weā€™re in for the same thing tonight with the heat and humidity of the day.Ā 

• Like 3

I love thunderstorms in the middle of the night.Ā  Listening to the rain on the roof and the thunder rolling through the hills.Ā  Not so much the sound of high winds and really not at all fond of losing electric.... that just sux.

Glad everyone is OK.

rob

• Like 4

I have an update. Apparently I was mistaken. Iā€™m given to understand that the weather WAS bad last night, Karen got home from work today and asked me if the storms kept me awake. Lol. I didnā€™t even hear them. But all is good here.Ā 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Who originally sang Oh What a Night?
"December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night)" is a song originally performed byĀ the Four Seasons, written by original Four Seasons keyboard player Bob Gaudio and his future wife Judy Parker, produced by Gaudio, and included on the group's album, Who Loves You (1975).
  • Like 1
  • Thank You! 1

Ft Lauderdale had 5 inch's in an hour the other dayĀ šŸ™ƒĀ In Va had some wicked winds, thunder, but little rain yesterday evening (after temps in the triple digits during the day). Woke up this am and the land line is deadĀ šŸ˜ 

• Like 2

Canā€™t help but storm with this heat and humidity, stormed twice again yesterday,Friday, and again now 7 am today.. but nothing like Thursday night!.. next week supposedly a little relief...Ā 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stangeba said:
Who originally sang Oh What a Night?
"December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night)" is a song originally performed byĀ the Four Seasons, written by original Four Seasons keyboard player Bob Gaudio and his future wife Judy Parker, produced by Gaudio, and included on the group's album, Who Loves You (1975).

Itā€™s so weird at my age, someone can just say a word or phrase , or I can be in a situation, and a song comes to mind.. music can bless the soul.. calm the mind...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

I love thunderstorms in the middle of the night.Ā  Listening to the rain on the roof and the thunder rolling through the hills.Ā  Not so much the sound of high winds and really not at all fond of losing electric.... that just sux.

Glad everyone is OK.

rob

The sound of music šŸŽµšŸ‘šŸ»

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Searsman said:

Itā€™s so weird at my age, someone can just say a word or phrase , or I can be in a situation, and a song comes to mind.. music can bless the soul.. calm the mind...

Thats why I have stereo's in my garagesĀ šŸ˜Ā The old saying music soothes the savage beastĀ šŸ¤£

• Like 2
  • Haha 1