Oh bla de oh bla da ,fix it day

Searsman

Wow. Great catch on her part. And also to you for locating the source. Hope it all repairs quickly. 

• Like 3

Wow, real glad you found it and the damage didn't spread. Scary stuff indeed.

• Like 2

UPDATE!!!. Repaired wiring early Sunday morning while cool in attic, removed blower housing and motor, cleaned , then cleaned slope coil. Both were yucky and I replace filters regularly.. wife retired from hvac distributors , they had the blower relay circuit board in stock. Got wholesale price. Installed it this evening.. 

unit working great now.. we suspect it was the three power interruptions in a row the recc did that same day. On off on off on off bam bam bam. SURGE! Pow 💥 ️.. 

was hot that day, seems to me they already can’t keep the grid working properly as they have discontinued coal generation. 
could have turned it into insurance but  humidity terrible here this week so I went ahead and did the repairs myself.. 

and yes, we were very blessed we were home . Going to research a whole home surge protector!!. Thanks for the thoughts guys.. IMG_2935.thumb.jpeg.f8ccfd4d1a4a90c761060953f4422713.jpegIMG_2934.thumb.jpeg.8f41c59b2b3683d6bfcb7fa13aa25504.jpegIMG_2893.thumb.jpeg.0fbf04e09619b51850baa70ea2f73653.jpegIMG_2896.thumb.jpeg.a90337a9db0dda8c6f2dc6752f316b1e.jpeg

• Like 4

On 5/6/2024 at 9:32 PM, cny first gen 71 said:

Great you know how to do that yourself I would have been lost for sure. Good job!

Thank you, but you know 10 times more about cars than I do. Each has their gift… 

24 minutes ago, Searsman said:

Thank you, but you know 10 times more about cars than I do. Each has their gift… 

Well I don't know about 10 times more but thank you. Just glad you got it fixed could have been very bad.

• Like 1

Keep in mind that Ron was a Sears Appliance repair guy.  

Many of the heating and air conditioning units have diagnostics built into the circuit boards.  I was trained in heating and air conditioning many years ago but like automobiles of today the H-Vac units have also become much more electronic and computer based now.

Ron doesn't how hot it was up in that attic where that unit was but he was working in a humid attic at about 110 degrees, sweating his keister (among other things) off.  I talked to him after he was done.

rob

• Like 4