Oh bla de oh bla da ,fix it day

Searsman

Dennis i think that 2x4 that clocked you learned its lesson as it saved your firewall in that Monte!  You should be happy!!   Put a rope on it attach the other side to your tractor and pull it down!!   Then cut it up and put it in your fireplace!!  Problem solved!!  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, willie said:

Dennis i think that 2x4 that clocked you learned its lesson as it saved your firewall in that Monte!  You should be happy!!   Put a rope on it attach the other side to your tractor and pull it down!!   Then cut it up and put it in your fireplace!!  Problem solved!!  lol

All will be done except for the fireplace part. It’s the neighbors tree so it just going to get thrown back in their woods. lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Dtret said:

All will be done except for the fireplace part. It’s the neighbors tree so it just going to get thrown back in their woods. lol. 

I had to cut up one of my trees that fell in a neighbors yard last year, quite the morning workout 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DragCat said:

I had to cut up one of my trees that fell in a neighbors yard last year, quite the morning workout 🤣

Cut into your beer and cigarette time.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Cut into your beer and cigarette time.....

I said morning workout 🤣 But yea only got 2 smoke/gatorade breaks 😮

Just now, DragCat said:

I said morning workout 🤣 But yea only got 2 smoke/gatorade breaks 😮

I went back and edited your quote to 'bold' the morning part, then see you just posted this, hahahaha.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

from what i understand from the insurance company, it might of started out as his tree but the min it crossed over your property line, now its a gift!!!  (Ask me how i know)  Enjoy it the best wat you can!!  lol

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, willie said:

from what i understand from the insurance company, it might of started out as his tree but the min it crossed over your property line, now its a gift!!!  (Ask me how i know)  Enjoy it the best wat you can!!  lol

The chant at a baseball game when the opposing team hits a home run. Throw it back, throw it back. lol. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, willie said:

from what i understand from the insurance company, it might of started out as his tree but the min it crossed over your property line, now its a gift!!!  (Ask me how i know)  

That always worried me Willie. A few years ago a neighbor called me about some dead trees looming over their house. I arranged to have them cut down but luckily they were nice enough to split the bill. 

But thanks for the comments, geesh now ive had to think about government mandates and insurance companies with my first cup of coffee this morning 🤣

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DragCat said:

That always worried me Willie. A few years ago a neighbor called me about some dead trees looming over their house. I arranged to have them cut down but luckily they were nice enough to split the bill. 

But thanks for the comments, geesh now ive had to think about government mandates and insurance companies with my first cup of coffee this morning 🤣

Yes i checked all my trees one year and had at least 1 tree in each group of 14  (3 trees a group) that was going bad or already bad. These trees were mature trees at least 40-50 ft high. I decided to take them down, as i didn't want to be responsible for hitting the neighbor's house or God forbid my kids or grandkids. The wife wasn't happy! Took them all down one summer, cleaned the yard up and planted 56 green giants around the perimeter of the yard. The yard opened up and looked beautiful.  The end of that summer the neighbors mature tree decided to break in half and take the path as a spear directly through my roof and the ceiling of one of the bedrooms. exactly what i didn't want my trees to do. Called my insurance company and they said i couldn't have the neighbor s insurance company pay as its my problem/gift. Had to go through my insurance company, i am sure that's another black mark on my name with them!!  lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I’ve been told that if your neighbor has a dead tree and you tell them about it , with witnesses, that actually puts all responsibility back on the tree owner. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

I’ve been told that if your neighbor has a dead tree and you tell them about it , with witnesses, that actually puts all responsibility back on the tree owner. 

That is true Dennis, the insurance company did say that, but she said you might have to do it a few times to be covered.

• Like 2

So the blower went out on the furnace. Actual motor is ok but the plastic blades came apart. You guys can laugh all you want about “ hoarding “ but it sure comes in handy sometimes. Extra furnace, great blower motor and fan 15 minutes good to go. Now I’ll try to find a blower motor  fan for next time  

IMG_6887.jpeg

IMG_6888.jpeg

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Dtret said:

So the blower went out on the furnace. Actual motor is ok but the plastic blades came apart. 

IMG_6887.jpeg

IMG_6888.jpeg

You must have been a scout!. “ Be Prepared!”.. man you lucky. Zero temps this next two days … 

• Like 3

No Ron it’s not all that. lol. It was my garage furnace ( my Monte’s don’t like the cold. Neither does Karen lol). When I replaced the two house units I save them for exactly this purpose. One in garage and one for parts. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Dtret said:

You guys can laugh all you want about “ hoarding “ but it sure comes in handy sometimes.

I don't think garage, basement, or spare bedroom stash's constitute hoarding, at least in my book 🤣

I once blew a radiator on the turnpike, on a Sunday, on a holiday weekend. Called my buddy who was a moustang freak and asked if he had one, he asked auto or manual. I said manual, I hear clank, rustle, and he says yea got one. I go glad I caught ya in the garage, he laughed and said I'm in the living room 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, DragCat said:

I don't think garage, basement, or spare bedroom stash's constitute hoarding, at least in my book 🤣

I once blew a radiator on the turnpike, on a Sunday, on a holiday weekend. Called my buddy who was a moustang freak and asked if he had one, he asked auto or manual. I said manual, I hear clank, rustle, and he says yea got one. I go glad I caught ya in the garage, he laughed and said I'm in the living room 🤣

And now you feel Karen’s pain. lol. 😝 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Dtret said:

So the blower went out on the furnace. Actual motor is ok but the plastic blades came apart. You guys can laugh all you want about “ hoarding “ but it sure comes in handy sometimes. Extra furnace, great blower motor and fan 15 minutes good to go. Now I’ll try to find a blower motor  fan for next time  

IMG_6887.jpeg

IMG_6888.jpeg

I can feel your pain Dennis, i don't think anyone can tease you about having an extra burner for parts! Its when you have 10-15 burners we start to get a little concerned....... Good thing Glenn is working, he would of taken this in a complete different direction!!!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, willie said:

I can feel your pain Dennis, i don't think anyone can tease you about having an extra burner for parts! Its when you have 10-15 burners we start to get a little concerned....... Good thing Glenn is working, he would of taken this in a complete different direction!!!!

I’m sure he’ll chime in at some point. lol. 😂 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Actually did this after work during the week, overhaul camp site. Wind blew canopy  over , left a pile of metal, ripped canvas, ect.. cross ties , er railroad ties, had rotted after 15 years. Managed to get the frame of awning back together, tore out ties with tractor, 🚜 installed new ones. Keeps the gravel from migrating out. Need concrete but $$$ .. just waiting on new cover to put on canopy.. sometime we stay up there, build a fire 🔥, a quick getaway without the trip.. enjoy cooking outdoors.. cast iron.. IMG_2587.thumb.jpeg.9163a970bf7b2a6ec5b530bc09efa585.jpeg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

It’s June in 2022 and I began the overhaul of this beast , had to remove front end loader of course. Got the engine repair done over a year ago but didn’t reinstall loaded. Wanted to test engine for awhile.. 

anyway, decided engine ok so began reinstalling loaded this week after work, of course after 2 years it didn’t work. :(.. Had to call fo help on this one… the guy shows up Friday midday and didn’t finish till yesterday!. Drank all my cold beverages too!. I wanted to mow grass but he Insisted I stand and watch , geez.. these Sears repairmen are bossy.. He finally figured out the problem and got the loader back on, then, he even mowed my grass , yea…  but I sure was tired even tho he did all the work. Bad thing was , no cold ones left for me :(… Cheers 🍻 Happy fix it day.. IMG_2826.thumb.jpeg.7b3c3f09af057301d0cf2a61feeaf63f.jpeg

• Like 6

Ron, you should know better than to pay up front, especially cold one payments.

rob

• Haha 5