Oh bla de oh bla da ,fix it day

Searsman

17 minutes ago, willie said:

I don't know Joe, those tires look fine!!!!!  lol

They're pretty old....more of an age concern than a tread wear issue. It's always been stored in a warm building for the winter months, but I'm seeing the very slightest bit of cracking down in the tread. Sidewalls are perfect though. Is it likely to blow up, probably not in the least.

• Like 2

On 8/29/2023 at 2:54 PM, jft69z said:

Things you can do with a 2 post lift....

I'm considering changing the tires due to age, and didn't feel like buying a scissors lift to get this thing in the air. I have the rolling dollies for the sport bike that lifts by the swing arm and the other one that hooks into the bottom of the front forks, but they won't work on this machine.

The dealer wants about $200 to do it if the bike is dropped off there. I think this will work just fine...

20230829_140215.jpg

Now that’s a method I hadn’t thought of to service my bike. That looks like a v- rod. Fast son of a buck!. Ps never take chances keeping old tires on a bike. 

It is finally finished!!!.. lift works like new. Ladder is on there so I could level power side to slave side . I’ll lift something light first like a 4 wheeler . Do some adjustments so nothing goes up thru the car port roof… been waiting for this apparatus a long time. Will be a big help to me.. “ On to the next project “!. 👉🏻

PS . The last picture is how not to install a lift in a bus garage!!. Or, caption this!..IMG_1556.thumb.jpeg.01270c67d05fd83ccb3bd18ab3ce0e83.jpegIMG_1559.thumb.jpeg.578911f83c0cb7c7693d024efd0f9fa0.jpegIMG_1558.thumb.jpeg.91eb91e22e8efa721a5096501073343a.jpegIMG_1549.thumb.jpeg.ae34b3ce0fcfc9ae6bd169140b877eda.jpeg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Searsman said:

It is finally finished!!!.. lift works like new. Ladder is on there so I could level power side to slave side . I’ll lift something light first like a 4 wheeler . Do some adjustments so nothing goes up thru the car port roof… been waiting for this apparatus a long time. Will be a big help to me.. “ On to the next project “!. 👉🏻

PS . The last picture is how not to install a lift in a bus garage!!. Or, caption this!.IMG_1549.thumb.jpeg.ae34b3ce0fcfc9ae6bd169140b877eda.jpeg

Ron,,,,,,,that isnt the Spec Ed bus you were working on last month is it ? 🤣

Congrats on the new toy/equipment 🤘I want one, maybe next year 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Searsman said:

PS . The last picture is how not to install a lift in a bus garage!!. Or, caption this!..IMG_1556.thumb.jpeg.01270c67d05fd83ccb3bd18ab3ce0e83.jpegIMG_1559.thumb.jpeg.578911f83c0cb7c7693d024efd0f9fa0.jpegIMG_1558.thumb.jpeg.91eb91e22e8efa721a5096501073343a.jpegIMG_1549.thumb.jpeg.ae34b3ce0fcfc9ae6bd169140b877eda.jpeg

Great job. They are nice to have. I really miss mine. On the bus, that’s caused by the person that put it on the lift and not the lift itself. That’s why you need to check everything as soon as the tires leave the ground. I don’t see the shake test happening on the bus though. Lol. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Searsman said:

That looks like a v- rod. Fast son of a buck!. 

It's the 2003, 100 year Anniversary one. Not really that fast, compared to the 1000cc Yamaha R1 it sits next to 😄.

3 hours ago, jft69z said:

It's the 2003, 100 year Anniversary one. Not really that fast, compared to the 1000cc Yamaha R1 it sits next to 😄.

I. Remember when the 900 kow came out in the 70s. Then the 1,000.  If that Yamaha 1000 is faster I can’t or won’t be on one 😅.

3 hours ago, Dtret said:

Great job. They are nice to have. I really miss mine. On the bus, that’s caused by the person that put it on the lift and not the lift itself. That’s why you need to check everything as soon as the tires leave the ground. I don’t see the shake test happening on the bus though. Lol. 

Nah, was stressed metal on the

lift. 40 years old . Really, I think the bus just got tired and decided to nap 😴 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Searsman said:

I. Remember when the 900 kow came out in the 70s. Then the 1,000.  If that Yamaha 1000 is faster I can’t or won’t be on one 😅.

I had a mid 80's Kaw Ninja 900. The R1 makes that seem like a scooter. Plus I put a full Akrapovik Ti pipe and tune on it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, willie said:

Whats next cement or walls??

Nah , just get some covers for the motor electrical and the tower post. Doubt I’ll enclose it . Also gutter the car port metal so doesn’t get as much water around it. Seems to be working fine. The concrete bolts have all been torqued . Printed the owners manual ‘ after having to fix the printer’. Which specified 150 lbs psi on the bolts. The printer only had paper dust on the rollers. 
loaded up the red tractor yesterday on the lift . With the front loader, and fluid in tires , about 4,500 lbs. did ok. Want to be sure about the lift integrity before raising up the Monte. As there is no replacement for it. Need to do a few things underneath. Get it ready for Carlisle PA. Woohooo!IMG_1564.thumb.jpeg.ac5a1d44c105cd06fea358ab0ff59afc.jpeg

• Like 7

As of right now. I didn’t know if I had enough bins so I combined parts in the bins. Now that I know I have a few extras I will break them down further. But I’ve had enough for now. I still have to bring my 70 frame back in. Now I can finally find my parts. This is all extra parts, the 70 is all in sorted bin on the other side of the basement. Except the driveshaft. 

IMG_5922.jpeg

IMG_5921.jpeg

IMG_5923.jpeg

IMG_5924.jpeg

IMG_5925.jpeg

IMG_5927.jpeg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

That's a whole lot of stuff 🤯

Ya surprisingly not. But it’s a good mix for members that need parts and now I have a better chance of finding something. Lol. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Yes "we" are. Those of us with "in stock" parts. 😂😂😂

Everybody knows that when I croak, they need to check the attics of all the buildings...plenty of good stuff up there 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1