Nice day for a walk in the park and see this

Chris shipley

On 8/23/2023 at 12:18 PM, Chris shipley said:

Lol. No I stuck around  for a little nobody was around. First time seeing this car in my area

That might be a blessing in disguise. Notice he’s backed into a spot at the park/preserves. 

4 hours ago, Glen said:

That might be a blessing in disguise. Notice he’s backed into a spot at the park/preserves. 

And what's wrong with backing into parking spaces ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DragCat said:

I couldn't quite figure out the logic to that post either....then again, It's Glen.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, DragCat said:

6 hours ago, jft69z said:

I couldn't quite figure out the logic to that post either....then again, It's Glen.

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Yeah same here. But like you said, look at the source. 

Maybe it’s a local thing or urban legend, but backing into spots in a forest preserve and other similar locations by lone male occupants is the universal “secret sign” that they’re there seeking other lone males. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Glen said:

Maybe it’s a local thing or urban legend, but backing into spots in a forest preserve and other similar locations by lone male occupants is the universal “secret sign” that they’re there seeking other lone males. 

See I just learned something new on this site (note to self) don't back into parking spaces at park or forest preserve  🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Star Date… 7 September 2018…

I’m in K9 Training and we are doing tracking training in the woods.  I arrive first with the training staff so I called the other two guys to tell them they HAVE to back into their spots. No argument from them and a whole bunch of laughs for me and the training staff 🤣😂

1573BD1D-9A14-48C5-952E-03E0FD3CDB9D.png

898B51D3-3348-402A-8935-104B7EB8B452.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

When I worked in the chemical plant, we HAD to back into parking spaces in case there was a release and people had to evacuate quickly. No time for traffic jams waiting for someone to back out, etc. Get in the car and GO.

• Like 3

I never heard of this either Glen, but with all the park and rides we have here i can understand!  However working for Big Brown we are taught to back in EVERY time, no matter what! Basically the same reason as Joe, just to get out as fast as you can. everything is seconds with them!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

When I worked in the chemical plant, we HAD to back into parking spaces in case there was a release and people had to evacuate quickly. No time for traffic jams waiting for someone to back out, etc. Get in the car and GO.

When I worked for the state it was "illegal" to back into spots. Probably since we only have back plates in Fl and the plate readers couldn't do their diligence 😮

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, willie said:

I never heard of this either Glen, but with all the park and rides we have here i can understand!  However working for Big Brown we are taught to back in EVERY time, no matter what! Basically the same reason as Joe, just to get out as fast as you can. everything is seconds with them!!!

Big Brown keeps changing the rules, every time I get a delivery the driver has a NEW set of rules. 🤣

• Like 3

Give it a few months now that they gave the raises out, they will be looking to get that money back. As they already reduced my group from 67 people down to 43. One of the reasons i retired i knew it was coming!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, willie said:

2 hours ago, jft69z said:

Yeah, definitely makes sense for reasons stated by both of you. I do the same thing at work, and I have been questioned by supervisors over the years regarding how I may have positioned my car at various calls. Those are the people you have to stay away from because if they can’t think tactfully or understand the bigger picture, they shouldn’t be in management positions.

Same thing whenever I’m in a restaurant - on or off duty… If it all possible, I want a seat facing the door.  Just like the hose draggers usually don’t like staying in hotels on anything above the third floor, there’s a reason behind the logic. 

And I’d be remiss if I didn’t point out that Joe used the word “release” in his comment. Freudian Slip, no doubt. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Glen said:

And I’d be remiss if I didn’t point out that Joe used the word “release” in his comment. Freudian Slip, no doubt. 

As in chemical release....bone head. Also, you're the only one here that seems to know an awful lot about the mating habits of single men at parks....FWIW.

Remember Bhopal, India/Union Carbide? 

The stuff we made at DuPont, all right in mid-town Niagara Falls would have made India look like a fart in the wind. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

As in chemical release....bone head.

First it was ham-fisted [insert slang for my ethnicity here] during a recent phone call. And now it’s bonehead. 

I’m starting to think you really like me 🤣😂

• Kook 1

2 minutes ago, Marks71 said:

Wow! I had just commented in a post earlier today that I’m learning something new every day here. Though this isn’t exactly what I had in mind, it was quite entertaining.

Sorry you were collateral damage to the mutual ignorance, Mark. But it’s all in fun and good natured, reciprocal b^#l busting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1