Houston we have a problem

GatorDog72

Well..... this came out of the crankcase on my car. I changed the oil last fall and the same thing came out of it. I never put water in the radiator or ran it for more than maybe a minute total since then. It's just sat in the garage with water in the bottom part of the block only. I'm thinking this has a cracked block or sleeve. I initially thought maybe a head gasket, but if there's no water in that part of the engine then it can't be. Garage is also heated, so its very doubtful it froze. Any thoughts? Runs ok otherwise but the milkshake oil is no bueno
370263538_10045752865465360_3394582406348053778_n.thumb.jpg.0e14e36edc3f6f0c214c81c5b61c9a28.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

You can also try a cooling system pressure test. If it won't hold pressure, that's a bad sign.

• Like 3

Ryan, is that your Monte or one of your other cars.  That does look nasty, something definitely is broke.  My guess you will be tearing it down and building it back up as soon as possible.

rob

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Ryan, is that your Monte or one of your other cars.  That does look nasty, something definitely is broke.  My guess you will be tearing it down and building it back up as soon as possible.

rob

Yeah, unfortunately it's the Monte. Just as I get it running back close to normal too. I'll just use this as an excuse to build a bigger one! 😆 565 incoming!:BB:

• Like 2
  • Thank You! 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, GatorDog72 said:

Yeah, unfortunately it's the Monte. Just as I get it running back close to normal too. I'll just use this as an excuse to build a bigger one! 😆 565 incoming!:BB:

They do make this thing called a 632.

124420741_10221605036989296_4580726082496475633_n.jpg

Either intake leak between the water jackets and the intake ports or a head gasket leak between the water jackets and cylinder. Easy fix since the vehicle is still running but you will likely have to clean all that milk out somewhere. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...