2024 Syracuse Nationals Mini Meet

Montemedic

I am proud to announce we have secured a Hotel contract for the upcoming 2024 First Generation Monte Carlo Club Mini Meet at the Syracuse Nationals with the Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton as our Club Host Hotel for this event. They did a great job in accommodating us for our prior events there. If you have any intentions of attending this Mini Meet event, PLEASE book your room sooner than later as Hotel space everywhere in the Syracuse area is at a premium for this event. You must be dues paying member in good standing of the First Generation Monte Carlo Club to make a hotel reservation at the Club discounted rate and to participate in this Mini Meet.

-  A group of First Generation Monte Carlo Club members has stayed at this Hotel for prior Syracuse Nationals Mini Meets. We felt it met all of our criteria, the ability to obtain a Club contract for a greatly reduced room price, a daily free hot and cold breakfast, safe parking for our tow and show vehicles with sufficient trailer parking, a hotel location with with great access from 2 Interstate highways, close to the NYS Fairgrounds where the Syracuse Nationals are held, the City of Syracuse with a very good dining and restaurants, gas stations for quality vehicle fuel, nearby nightly local cruise in’s. We even found a local homemade ice cream stand, just off the Hotel property. So come join us for the “Largest Car Show in the Northeast” on approximately 400 acres of the NYS Fairgrounds, meet other Club members, enjoy some great food, fun, antics, camaraderie, homemade ice cream, and an awesome car show with over 10,000 vehicles present. 

Event Contact and Meet Coordinator - CK Collins (631) 445-1958 cell or text, email Medic9435@yahoo.com 

*** Group name for Club member reduced rate reservation is “First Generation Monte Carlo Club - CK Collins” Make sure to tell the hotel representative this group name for the discount. 
-Arrival - Thursday July 18 2024

-Departure Sunday July 21 2024 

-Discounted Room Rate - The Club rate is $169.00 per night plus tax. The room is a double queen room only. Any other rooms are at the prevailing hotel rate. It is the responsibility of each First Generation Monte Carlo Club member that reserves the room, is solely responsible for the payment of the room or any hotel services rendered. The First Generation Monte Carlo Club will not be responsible for any payment. 

-Reservations - You can call the Hotel directly at (315) 457-9900 or use a link that will be provided to register online thru Hilton. The online link is only for Thursday, Friday, Saturday (3 night stay) only. If you will not be staying the 3 nights, please make your reservation by calling the Hotel directly. PLEASE reserve your room early to secure this discounted rate. 
If you are a Hilton Honors member you can let them know upon making your reservation or obtain them when you check in at the front desk. Club reservation discount cutoff is 6/18/2024. If you book after this date, any rooms (if available) will be at prevailing rates. 

- Check in, after 3pm on date of arrival 

- Check out time is 12 noon

- Event dates Thursday 7/18 (travel day-arrival), Friday 7/19 (show day), Saturday 7/20 (show day), Sunday 7/21 (1/2 day show, return home)

-Hotel  is the Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton  Syracuse North Airport Area  1305 Buckley Road  North Syracuse, New York 13212   Front desk - direct number (315) 457-9900. 

-Hotel features-

Daily full hot and cold breakfast

Complementary high speed internet and wireless access within the Hotel. 
Complementary 24/7 hot tea and coffee in the hotel lobby and in all hotel rooms

Complementary Onsite Fitness Center 

Hilton HHonors -Loyalty program that offers points and miles for free travel

Treat Shop - for snacks, beverages and personal items you may have forgotten to bring

Indoor pool and hot tub

Iron, ironing board, flat screen LED TV, in room safe, microwave oven, refrigerator

Conveniently located next to the NYS Thruway I-90 (Exit 36) and I-81 (Exit 25)

*** Also added for the FGMCC Club members

-Garden Hose with nozzle for vehicle washing  

-Early Bird Breakfast - Starting at 530am on Friday and Saturday (Show days) so you can get to the show early. 

Hotel Parking - The Hotel has ample parking for its guests around the Hotel building perimeter. There are also multiple adjoining parking lots with plenty of room for parking your tow vehicle and car trailer. Another option is to park your car trailer (with or without your tow vehicle) at the NYS Fairgrounds where the Syracuse Nationals are held. There are multiple very large parking areas provided for this. There is no charge to park there. 

**** Any questions, problems or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me anytime. 

• Like 4
  • Thank You! 1

Thank you for getting this done CK!

My room is already reserved!

CK sent me this link below, after I called in my reservation earlier.  This will take you directly to the reservations, which already has the club discounts and group info included. Another member used it earlier to reserve his room and he said it was pretty easy. I went thru the motions as a test to see how it worked and it seemed pretty straight forward.

If anyone has any issues using it, contact CK or myself and we'll get you going. Also, as mentioned above, you can contact the hotel directly at: 315-457-9900

Direct link to online Syracuse Hotel reservation

• Like 3

Quick question, and no Dennis I haven't finished my 1st cup of coffee yet 🤣

what is the Sunday 1/2 day show ? If I make it I'll be heading home early in the morning. ( Event dates Thursday 7/18 (travel day-arrival), Friday 7/19 (show day), Saturday 7/20 (show day), Sunday 7/21 (1/2 day show, return home))

• Like 1

Mark the show is 19-20-21 Thursday is arrival day for a lot of people.  The show on Sunday only runs to about 2 or 3 , awards presentation start at around 1- 1:30.  most of the guys head out Sunday morning for their drive home. General attendance on Sunday is usually less than Friday and Saturday. Sometimes we stay on Sunday and sometimes we Leave Sunday, it depends on how the weekend has been. Me and my brother camp there so we go in on Wednesday to the camping area. Please feel free to ask anything I'm the local guy for this show, I've been to every one of them.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DragCat said:

what is the Sunday 1/2 day show ? 

Steve's answer was right on the money.

Basically, we book the rooms to mirror what we usually do in Carlisle, arrive Thursday, head for home Sunday morning.

• Like 3

Thanks for the info and updates 👍

The link does look pretty straight forward to register. I also tried the hotel website but it won't give any room info for those dates. I'll call directly Monday to check out rates, don't need 2 queen beds but rates might change my mind 🤣

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Thanks for the info and updates 👍

The link does look pretty straight forward to register. I also tried the hotel website but it won't give any room info for those dates. I'll call directly Monday to check out rates, don't need 2 queen beds but rates might change my mind 🤣

The lower rates are negotiated for the club. Doubt you'll find a room cheaper than what's listed already. Even if you get a single king bed, pretty sure it won't be cheaper. Worth a phone call though, especially if you can get a work related rate that will apply. Also, when I tried to do it before calling & the direct link, the website said no rooms available for the 18th...that made my blood pressure spike...

A couple years ago before CK got a contract, I think I booked a room under veteran or State worker (I forget), but it way over $200 at the time.

** Something else worth mentioning **... I think CK said we currently have a block of 15 rooms set aside for our club rate. Even if anyone is remotely considering attending, get your reservation NOW. If we need more rooms, his contact said she could probably swing it, but they need to get it done ASAP. Last year the other large hotel closed, which has left a vacuum of available hotel space for the event.

As we always preach, if you decide last minute you can't make it, no big deal, just turn your reservation back over to the club (not the hotel) for another member to use.

• Like 1
  • Thank You! 1

18 minutes ago, jft69z said:

The lower rates are negotiated for the club. Doubt you'll find a room cheaper than what's listed already. Even if you get a single king bed, pretty sure it won't be cheaper. Worth a phone call though, especially if you can get a work related rate that will apply. Also, when I tried to do it before calling & the direct link, the website said no rooms available for the 18th...that made my blood pressure spike...

A couple years ago before CK got a contract, I think I booked a room under veteran or State worker (I forget), but it way over $200 at the time.

Yea I know Joe, can't decide which rule of thumb I'll go with.....1 if you have to ask how much you can't afford it or 2 you don't know until you ask 🤣

But I do know with our meets if you don't book early you probably won't be staying with the club if you wait 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Yea I know Joe, can't decide which rule of thumb I'll go with.....1 if you have to ask how much you can't afford it or 2 you don't know until you ask 🤣

But I do know with our meets if you don't book early you probably won't be staying with the club if you wait 

Excellent points, for sure Mark.

The discount on the room alone for one night would pay for 3 years worth of club membership dues. I went to public schools, but even I can do the math there & see that's a heck of a bargain.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Steve.

And a reminder to all, please at least book a room NOW, even if you're on the fence about going. We can still possibly get another block of rooms, but need to get what we have alloted spoken for first. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the info Steve. The Syracuse Nationals Host hotel room prices start at $259.99 per night. We definitely have an excellent discounted room rate at our “Club hotel”. If you are possibly thinking of coming to this event please book your room now. This is why this Mini Meet event info is posted early. Save yourself a lot of money and stress. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Just announced today Dave Kindig from bitichn rides will be at nationals. Hopefully they will highlight it on the show.

That's good to hear. Of all the shows they have on TV, it seems his shop really puts out some top quality work and some innovative stuff too.

• Like 2

Actually the Syracuse Nationals sent reps to SEMA to scout out guests for the upcoming 2024 “Nationals”. Let see who else will appear. Looking forward to seeing him there. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Just announced today Dave Kindig from bitichn rides will be at nationals. Hopefully they will highlight it on the show.

If he's a "celebrity" judge possibly.

I do enjoy watching the fab/metal shop guys on the show. Its amazing how they can build a car in one to two hours every week 🙃

• Like 1
  • Confused 1