2024 Syracuse Nationals Mini Meet

Montemedic

Thanks for the info Steve. We buy our 3 day passes on the day we arrive, at the Host hotel. The group that runs the show (used to be Right Coast) has a no refund policy for any reason. Unfortunately life can change or sometimes get in the way, between now and the show dates. Because of their no refund policy, we now purchase them when we get there. 

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

I was reading this morning that Dave Kindig will have a few of the cars he's built on display as well.   This will be my 3rd attendance at this show and I still have not seen everything. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FrankOC said:

I was reading this morning that Dave Kindig will have a few of the cars he's built on display as well.   This will be my 3rd attendance at this show and I still have not seen everything. 

And probably still won't 😅 we stay right on the grounds from Wednesday thru Sunday and many times will ride around in the evening until we get kicked out lol (guess your not supposed to) still to much to see. Last year I rode around on my scooter in the evening too they didn't seem to mind that. But there's still so much to see and hear (bands in the evenings too) but sure is fun.

• Like 3

I kind of compare the Syracuse Nationals to Disney World in Florida. An immense location with so much to do, see and eat. It’s always constantly changing as the vehicles are moving around and you will probably never see it all. You go back every year to see what they have there, and what has changed. Definitely wear your walking shoes too. The NYS Fairgrounds is just under 400 acres. 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

This was just announced on the FB page for the Syracuse Nationals. (CK found it)

https://www.facebook.com/SyracuseNationals/posts/pfbid025f4mtwJErMJfrhzxa2PepmRJcnicByYpfKUdirA97MDm37UCMLgvdDtfQjaMykaYl

It's regarding Dave Kindig winning this year's Riddler Award, one of the most prestigious awards a builder can achieve, and that he'll be at Syracuse this year.

As mentioned before, reserve your room soon, before we know it, Carlisle will be done, and this will be the next show on the agenda for our club.

Please contact C.K about room availability ASAP. This is another show you won't want to miss!

The Nationals website, with countdown clock, only 134 days left.

https://www.syracusenationals.com/?fbclid=IwAR3iBEVSYBFJgZReuJ1hP8NveNzYcaRmmhoW-1MG2nRkNIb3DF_ezpM7RyE

• Like 3
  • Thank You! 1

13 minutes ago, FrankOC said:

Here is the link to the show schedule for the 4 days. There is quite a bit going on. https://www.syracusenationals.com/schedule-entertainment

Thank you Frank, we like to go to see the bands at night since we stay right on the grounds. Both the rockabilly and main tent (depends on who's playing) I met Candy Clark in the past several times she's very nice. The tickets to see Kindig and Kev dog are pretty steep (private thing, q and a and stuff) but they are known to walk around at the events too. Definitely gonna be a good time for sure.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

but they are known to walk around at the events too. Definitely gonna be a good time for sure.

I'm betting they'll pass by our club tent setup. That many Montes in one place is bound to catch their attention.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

I'm betting they'll pass by our club tent setup. That many Montes in one place is bound to catch their attention.

Joe we can always put a sign out saying "Kev dog we have cookies!!!"  lol

Frank nice job getting that list, gives us "times" to shoot for!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We could get some cookies for Kevdogg. Maybe a few Milk bone biscuits for him too. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, willie said:

Joe we can always put a sign out saying "Kev dog we have cookies!!!"  lol

Willie,   that would definitely get him there, we will need to make that sign!!

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, FrankOC said:

Willie,   that would definitely get him there ,   I  will need to make that sign!!

I corrected your statement for you Frank:rofl:

• Haha 3

No shortage of things to do there. Plenty of food choices swap meet live music and  all types of vendors too. Unfortunately not enough time to see it all. But we try every year. Come join us and check it out. It’s a lot more than a car show !!!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, jft69z said:

I corrected your statement for you Frank:rofl:

on second thought, this sign thing is a bad idea.  Let him get his own cookies, he can afford them.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

The tickets to see Kindig and Kev dog are pretty steep (private thing, q and a and stuff) but they are known to walk around at the events too. Definitely gonna be a good time for sure.

Would not mind seeing Dave but Kev is the reason I  do not watch the show to me he is an imbecile 

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Leghome said:

Would not mind seeing Dave but Kev is the reason I  do not watch the show to me he is an imbecile 

The main reason I even watch the show is the fab shop guys. While I do appreciate the paint and body work it doesn't interest me one bit, can't do it not interested. I can't do the fab work either but its interesting 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DragCat said:

The main reason I even watch the show is the fab shop guys. While I do appreciate the paint and body work it doesn't interest me one bit, can't do it not interested. I can't do the fab work either but its interesting 

Kinda talking out of both sides of my mind there. Did you hit the adult beverages a little early today?  Ironically I understand where you’re coming from. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I am now all registered for Syracuse nationals and camping too. I am in a little better shape than I was last year and hoping to be even better by then. Still may rent the scooter for the week though just to be sure I can get around alright,  that's a very large area to cover on foot. To see it all in one day you'd actually have to jog around and the next day it'll look like a different show for the most part because some cars move around. 

• Like 7

Great newsSteve !! Looking forward to seeing you there. You know where we will be set up. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

They had a news conference this morning with some new information as well as the old. Dave Kindig and Kevin dog will be there all 3 days and will be bringing a couple cars that they built. Also the county kicked In some cash and they will increase advertising to make show even bigger and better.  They are trying to make this show the biggest and best in the country over the next few years. Also the midway tent will be back up this year for bands in the evening. So no really new and huge information but only 110 days until the show. Also announced that over 80 thousand dollars was raised for local charity's and something like  10 million went into local economy so that's something. Gonna be a good time for sure.

• Like 4
  • Thank You! 2

Thanks for keeping the information flowing Steve. Always appreciated, and good news and upcoming events at the Syracuse Nationals. Only 110 days until this massive event starts. Come join us and check it out !!! 

• Like 4