Consignment???

cny first gen 71

Has anyone sold a vehicle on consignment? I am probably selling my camper unfortunately I spoke with camping world they make me a cash offer that was a little low but offered consignment as an option and said they would do it for the price that I'm thinking is low end I was thinking about.  Anyone had any experience good or bad? At this time I'm really in no hurry but this seems simpler right now. I can wait until spring to put it up for sale it's not like it has to happen fast. Any opinions would be appreciated. 

I sold my camper on consignment back in 2015. For me, it was worth it. I was paying for storage, and when I wanted to sell, I moved it to the consignment place. I ended my storage contract, and could park it at the consignment at no charge. Had it sold within 1 month. Probably could have gotten a little more for it, but at the time I just wanted it gone. I think they charged 10% of the selling price, which was worth it to me. They weeded out all the deadbeats. The buyers ended up parking it near the beach and using it as a vacation home. 

John

• Like 1
  • Thank You! 1

If you can wait until spring to sell because more people are looking so you’ll get a better price and they are not really thinking above winter storage. You’re going to get less this time of year because they generally won’t get used until spring. Unless you get lucky and find someone heading down south for the winter. If you’re not desperate to sell I’d try and sell on your own, you’ll get a better return. But there’s a lot of hassle the eliminated by consignment. Random thoughts by me. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dtret said:

Yes but SOME of us actually work hard for our money and want keep as much as we can. Lol. 😂

Yea I saw you "working at Carlisle" 🤣

But I hear ya, just that MY time is money, between the tire kickers and no shows it can get a little frustrating. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DragCat said:

But I hear ya, just that MY time is money, between the tire kickers and no shows it can get a little frustrating. 

Yea that's the thing I hate and would like to avoid. Haven't made any decisions yet still thinking it over.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DragCat said:

You’re definitely not wrong. It is tough to sell anything. 

• Like 2