Bristol Bowtie Nationals May 3-4 2024

https://bowtienationals.com/schedule/

Bristol Dragway "Thunder Valley"

Several of us FGMCC folks are planning on getting together here. May 3-4 2024

If interested in attending please contact me. Must be an up to date on Dues...FGMCC Member! Depending on next year's schedule of this new upcoming "super chevy" style show...and how well this event is coordinated, this event may be a good candidate for a future Eastern Meet.

Click on photo to make larger and zoom in.

Screenshot_20240124_233513_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

• Jared Richey changed the title to Bristol Bowtie Nationals May 3-4 2024

Also from the Bristol site......if you want to take your Monte down the track Friday night. NHRA rules below

The Bowtie Nationals Friday Night Fun Runs are free for all registered showparticipants to take their vehicle down the track.

Just thought I'd pass along the safety rules for anyone wanting to take a run Friday nite 

Street Cars

The following items are required for a vehicle and driver to pass tech: Good tires, a solid battery hold down, radiator overflow reservoir, functioning neutral-safety switch, seat belts, and a valid state driver's license or NHRA competition license for all participants. The driver must wear long pants, closed toe shoes, and a shirt.

13.99 seconds (8.59 1/8th)

Drive Line Loop with slicks
Approved helmet (Full face in open cars), see below
SFI 3.2A/1 Jacket in vehicles equipped with non-OEM nitrous oxide, turbochargers or superchargers

(edited) I think this post means I'm interested  🤣

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, 420ponies said:

On my Birthday? Cool. I just might get this on my to do list this year. 12 hr ride for me. Did they have this last year?

I think the last club meet in Bristol was 2021 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 420ponies said:

On my Birthday? Cool. I just might get this on my to do list this year. 12 hr ride for me. Did they have this last year?

No. That "all chevy show" was discontinued. This is a totally new event.  Looks to me as if they are taking it seriously to be a good event. They are also having a Indianapolis Bowtie Nationals too!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jared Richey said:

No. That "all chevy show" was discontinued. This is a totally new event.  Looks to me as if they are taking it seriously to be a good event. They are also having a Indianapolis Bowtie Nationals too!

This group has been with Tri-Five Nats (not affiliated anymore), F-Body Nats, C10 Nats 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

NO. That needs to be done by a person local to the area. 

No it doesn't. Look at Rob, for example.....

• Like 2

Actually no Dennis. I run the Syracuse Nationals Mini Meet from a distance. I live in the same state as the event but live 6-7 hours away. It can be done by anyone who is willing to put in the time and thoroughly research the event and surrounding areas for our Club members needs such as hotels, safe parking for our Monte’s, truck and trailer parking too, food, various types of restaurants, fuel, other events and attractions in the area. I also research airports, if any Club member wants to fly and come to the event without their Monte. It does take time and planning. Once there, look around and do further research in person. You can adjust accordingly or for the next time you will attend. It took me a few years to get the Syracuse Nationals Mini Meet fine tuned. I constantly try to make it better each year based on the Club members needs and wants for that event. The Club Officers do encourage any Club member or members who has a large yearly automotive event they would like plan, attend and oversee to contact us. We would be happy to discuss and help plan it with you to make it a success. It’s another opportunity for our Club members to get together, promote our Club mission and obtain some new members. In 2023 the Club held 5 Club events, Eastern and Western Meets, 2 Mini Meets and a car show in numerous States and Canada. 

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Dtret said:

NO. That needs to be done by a person local to the area. 

8 minutes ago, Montemedic said:

Actually no Dennis. I run the Syracuse Nationals Mini Meet from a distance......

So there you go Dennis, you're elected! Besides, with all the road trips to different cities you take to hoard Monte parts, you can scope out the locations while you're there. We should expect at least a dozen new mini-meet locations next year....😁

(I bet you didn't initially see it take a turn in this direction, did you? :yay:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Ok gentlemen. I get it, I understand it can be done. I was kind of familiar with Indianapolis area as I worked there for a couple years. But as a yet working person, around 10 hours a day, I don’t have the time to commit to that type of undertaking. As some are aware it takes a lot of time to do the meets correctly. And anything less than 💯 percent would be considered a disservice to the club. I would help anyone any way I could to perform such a task. I actually thought about it with the big show we have local to me but their setup leaves a lot to be desired and accommodations are not good. I do thank you for the faith in me doing the work. Club expansion is a great thing and we all need to promote this club any chance we can and new cities are a great way of doing that. 

And no Joe I didn’t expect this LOL. 
CK. Your response was awesome. 

• Like 5
  • Thank You! 1

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

I would help anyone any way I could to perform such a task. I actually thought about it with the big show we have local to me but their setup leaves a lot to be desired and accommodations are not good. I do thank you for the faith in me doing the work. Club expansion is a great thing and we all need to promote this club any chance we can and new cities are a great way of doing that. 

Come on Dennis, we have all seen the amount of room you have on your property to line up cars along your driveway to host a Meet right there.  Also if you cleaned parts out of the bedrooms, basement and garage you could free up enough rooms for our members to sleep and you could serve breakfast, lunch and dinner on that huge deck.

rob

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

That could be arranged. We could set up a campsite with small fires for hot dogs and s’mores. My neighbor has a gravel section in their front yard for truck and trailer parking. You will be obligated to provide signed disclaimers relieving Karen and myself from any liability due to uncontrolled circumstances. Bathrooms will be provided by a company called “ fence line between trees”. My neighbor also has a pool so bathing will be provided, please bring unscented soap so as not to disturb the ecosystem. That’s all for now, if I come up with more information I’ll post up. Thank for your interest. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, DragCat said:

Asking for a friend, if Dennis hosts at his house is the club rule no burnouts in the driveway still apply? 🤣

It needs seal coating by now anyways. Michelin brand seems to work good on my driveway.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, jft69z said:

It needs seal coating by now anyways. Michelin brand seems to work good on my driveway.

Will there be a hose provided for slicks and drag radials ? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Sure. And you can hold it since you won’t have a car here anyway. 

12 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Yep it’s due. Make it look like a zebra. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Bathrooms will be provided by a company called “ fence line between trees”. 

If it is an electric fence that could be some neat free entertainment.

rob

• Haha 6

14 minutes ago, DragCat said:

16 minutes ago, jft69z said:

• Like 2

IMPORTANT UPDATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I should have mentioned this to Karen. She said , in no uncertain terms, you are not turning our front yard into Woodstock. But she did say , after reading Rob’s post, with signed disclaimers she would allow the electric fence option as entertainment. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, Dtret said:

Wow don't I feel special, I got quoted twice 🤣

• Haha 1