Bench seat to Buckets

Rich 71

I’m starting with the bucket seats,  I found a leather pair from a 2014 Cadillac CTS just need to figure out how to wire them.  In the  Caddy the front seat rails go into a socket type of arrangement, I plan on using a square ’u-bolt’ and the stock post and bolt set up in the rear.  The front/back placement will take a little trial and success and it will depend on the console placement as well.

A lot to do it like original. But we’re going need a little more information on what your plans are. I went from bench seat, column shift and idiot lights to buckets, console with floor shifter, gauge package and tilt steering. 

• Like 5

Found these pictures years ago if they help.

I was going to do it to my 71, I have 71 or 72 cloth green buckets in the basement but changed my mind, too much work for me.

Pic 1.jpg

Pic 2.jpg

Pic 3.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stangeba said:

Found these pictures years ago if they help.

I was going to do it to my 71, I have 71 or 72 cloth green buckets in the basement but changed my mind, too much work for me.

Pic 1.jpg

Pic 2.jpg

Pic 3.jpg

That's a lot of seats..... Planning on opening a movie theater ? lol

• Haha 1

As Dennis said, which way are you planning to go ? 

If you're going original, and adding the console, etc, it's quite a few steps.

But if "modified" is your choice, just about anything can be made to work. Just remember..... Test fitting a couple times before making any modifications is ALWAYS the best way. ;)

I read an article a few years ago that Acura seats were an easy fit if you go with the factory console and are looking for a comfortable bucket. 

Welcome to the circus. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Bucket seat brackets, console bracket ( both of which need to be welded to the floor. Transmission shift linkage bracket( goes on transmission) to hook up cable and lock rod. Correct gauge harness ( or repin procedure for existing harness). Time, money and beer. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Time, money and beer. 

Hard to say which is hardest to come by.

rob

• Haha 5