New guy

Mrp

10 hours ago, 420ponies said:

Just want to say, Welcome to the Club!!  Hope you have some pictures to share with us. If you have any questions , just ask. I'm sure someone will answer it soon. 3 on the tree, must be from here up  north of Florida.

Thanks, it's from Ohio. Original family.

4 hours ago, Mrp said:

There you go

20231011_140240.jpg

20231011_140301.jpg

20231011_140248.jpg

That takes some kinda special to take on a job of that magnitude when someone else has already started on it. A lot of backtracking involved, what did they do right or wrong. Well done, ok started. Kudos to you. 

5 hours ago, Mrp said:

I'm interested,  do you have a donor convert to swap the parts from, chevelle cutlass , and a few others share the monte roof.

To a certain person, not named Mike, I can only get you to the door and open it. You have to walk in by yourself. 😆

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dtret said:

That takes some kinda special to take on a job of that magnitude when someone else has already started on it. A lot of backtracking involved, what did they do right or wrong. Well done, ok started. Kudos to you. 

They did nothing right, poor quality  and inexperienced work.

That's not  Looks like you have some extra parts for it too. How is the floor pan and underbody? And the front clip? The stuff they cut is all what I replaced on mine.Only thing was the trunk pan was pretty good , just 1 side to replace. I found a nice taipan in Illinois.   AMD will be the place to buy the good pieces of sheetmetal for it. Your not too far from a Monte Carlo parts man , Jared Richey in Anderson,South Carolina. He might have the parts you need. He's in our parts resources here on the site.gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2588.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mrp said:

It is a 350 2 barrel no ac. Car came with skirts also. I'm a shop. Not my car, car still belongs to original family.

Aunt Mae's Sunday go to meeting car ???? :)

20 hours ago, Mrp said:

It is a 350 2 barrel no ac. Car came with skirts also. I'm a shop. Not my car, car still belongs to original family.

1 hour ago, 420ponies said:

That's not  Looks like you have some extra parts for it too. How is the floor pan and underbody? And the front clip? The stuff they cut is all what I replaced on mine.Only thing was the trunk pan was pretty good , just 1 side to replace. I found a nice taipan in Illinois.   AMD will be the place to buy the good pieces of sheetmetal for it. Your not too far from a Monte Carlo parts man , Jared Richey in Anderson,South Carolina. He might have the parts you need. He's in our parts resources here on the site.gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2588.jpg

Nice car, I like the color, I saw his parts post, I have everything I need. 

13 minutes ago, Scott S. said:

I think it was pops bang shift car, mom wouldn't let him have a big block 4 speed car

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, kpcsgasp said:

Welcome keep posting your progress!

IMG_3629.JPG

Thanks I will, going to start a build thread.

5 hours ago, Mrp said:

Here's something you don't see every day 

20240229_162035.jpg

Wow! It’s probably been 45 years, and never on a Monte. 

3 hours ago, Marks71 said:

Wow! It’s probably been 45 years, and never on a Monte. 

From what I've read, only 243 of them. But don't hold me to that.

There is a Black with White Vinyl top and white interior one in Danville IN. Bucket seat car no console original owner. Beautiful car in pristine condition at least the last time  I seen it about 4 yes ago