Spark plug wires and plugs

I have MSD 8.8 wires with a/c sparkplugs in "Big Red" pertronix wires, cap, electronic ignition conversion, coil with a/c plugs in "Barn Find". Obviously the set up in Barn Find looks like stock. It all depends on the "look" you are going for. 

• Like 5

Wanting my Monte to look as original as possible, but with a metal core,  I bought Pertronix 708102 (for big blocks). These wires are 7mm black jacketed and have the spiral wound metal core that does not cause radio issues. Amazon prime had the best delivered price, $60.99

• Like 4

Just now, Scott S. said:

I like the "shorter" NGK plugs just for header clearance and the Pertronix wires for the smaller boot ends at the plugs. 

Mind you, I'm also using an Accel Supercoil on an H.E.I. distributor, so you have to be mindful of what spark source you're using. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scott S. said:

Autolite ???? :k

LOL  You walked into that one Dennis!!! 

However my head hurts also as i am the same way!!  :satan-banana-smiley-emoticon::yay:

3 hours ago, Scott S. said:

Autolite ???? :k

I’ve used autolite. That are the same as motorcraft. But I put them in fords. 

4 minutes ago, willie said:

LOL  You walked into that one Dennis!!! 

However my head hurts also as i am the same way!!  :satan-banana-smiley-emoticon::yay:

Yes I did. But that’s ok. Scott is now on the payback list. lol. ( don’t worry Scott it doesn’t take alot of my time 😂). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Yes I've used them for years in chevys, the older ones that is. For me they lasted longer than ac delco stuff.

Same here, in the older cars.

Newer vehicles (stock engines), I tend to put the OEM ones back in. Never Bosch plugs, unless you want misfire codes.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dtret said:

Yes I did. But that’s ok. Scott is now on the payback list. lol. ( don’t worry Scott it doesn’t take alot of my time 😂). 

Funny..... That's exactly what SHE said. 

23 hours ago, jft69z said:

Same here, in the older cars.

Newer vehicles (stock engines), I tend to put the OEM ones back in. Never Bosch plugs, unless you want misfire codes.

Being a fan of most Bosch products, I wasn't impressed with their spark plugs either...... Or the Splitfire plugs. They never held up the the hype. 

7 minutes ago, Scott S. said:

Being a fan of most Bosch products, I wasn't impressed with their spark plugs either...... Or the Splitfire plugs. They never held up the the hype. 

I ran into it before. People put plugs in themselves, car came to me with misfires. Had a hard time convincing them it was their new plugs, but after replacement, it ran fine.

I think the first place I heard about them being bad was on the tech forums at I.A.T.N. Wasn't too long after that I experienced the problem, and was able to zero in on the fix pretty quick. Normally you would think, hey, new plugs, it can't be that. In the mean time you're chasing your tail...

6 minutes ago, jft69z said:

I ran into it before. People put plugs in themselves, car came to me with misfires. Had a hard time convincing them it was their new plugs, but after replacement, it ran fine.

I think the first place I heard about them being bad was on the tech forums at I.A.T.N. Wasn't too long after that I experienced the problem, and was able to zero in on the fix pretty quick. Normally you would think, hey, new plugs, it can't be that. In the mean time you're chasing your tail...

It's the application of "new" technology to a tried and true system..... Always makes a mess of things. 

7 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Yes but don’t tell anyone 

Ah.... Don't be embarrassed.... We've all heard it at least once........Usually the first time. ;)