Eastern Meet 2010

Andreas

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Good Guys is alot more strict than Super Chevy.

When they were at Norwalk, Oh last year, we saw Mark Patrone there & he was giving us the scoop - no trailers on the show - really picky. And Good Guys at Norwalk would be better than Columbus because of the drag strip, I think.

Scott would settle for any place with a beer garden, don't lie smile It could be at the Honey Bucket port-a-potty head quarters and as long as they serve beer he'd be there with a Monte and a smile.

Scott would settle for any place with a beer garden, don't lie smile It could be at the Honey Bucket port-a-potty head quarters and as long as they serve beer he'd be there with a Monte and a smile.

And your point is? lol

Hey, I think Ive been to that Honey Bucket place!!

I think there is a super chevy in Richmond VA in 2010. Not sure if it is at the track or not. - Dave

How about The Good Guys event in Columbus Ohio? I couldn't find the 2010 schedule. Not sure if we have any members close to Columbus.

Last time I check, GooodGuys required you to become a member when you wanted to pre-register to show your car. Has that changed?

Imagine 25+ Montes showing up un-registered and then coordinate to park them together...hmmm...

I called.......

Everyone would need to be a member of good guys in order to pre-register.

As far as parking together - it is 1st come 1st serve getting into the show - so everyone would have to arrive together at the same time going in...and then I guess hope to find a large enough spot to accomodate everyone.

No restrictions on car conditions.

(Oh and an edit to my previous post - last year we saw Mark at Good Guys Blue Suede Cruise at Norwalk)

I called.......

Everyone would need to be a member of good guys in order to pre-register.

As far as parking together - it is 1st come 1st serve getting into the show - so everyone would have to arrive together at the same time going in...and then I guess hope to find a large enough spot to accomodate everyone.

No restrictions on car conditions.

(Oh and an edit to my previous post - last year we saw Mark at Good Guys Blue Suede Cruise at Norwalk)

Thanks, that is exactly the reason we did not go to any GoodGuys event. It is much better when the show organizer is willing to reserve an area just for our club and we can all park together. So far, this worked out at all the shows we attended...

585 Miles for me to Ocean City, MD. No further than PA or Indy, so that wouldn't be to bad. grin Lets pray gas stays down!

I agree, we do not need to go to ANY show where we CANNOT PARK AS A CLUB! That defeats the whole purpose of the "Meet". smile

Also, 40% (!!) of all FGMCC members are in six Northern States:

PA 9.68%

NY 9.68%

OH 6.31%

IL 5.86%

MI 5.63%

IN 2.48%

39.64%

Less than 20% each are in the SouthEast and the West...

NC 4.95%

GA 2.03%

TN 1.80%

VA 2.93%

FL 4.05%

SC 1.58%

17.34%

CA 6.53%

WA 3.83%

NV 1.80%

CO 1.80%

AZ 1.35%

15.32%

Geez... Texas Members don't even make the list. frown

Originally Posted By: Andreas

PA 9.68%

NY 9.68%

OH 6.31%

IL 5.86%

MI 5.63%

IN 2.48%

39.64%

NC 4.95%

GA 2.03%

TN 1.80%

VA 2.93%

FL 4.05%

SC 1.58%

17.34%

CA 6.53%

WA 3.83%

NV 1.80%

CO 1.80%

AZ 1.35%

15.32%

didn't they decide to secede... grin

Originally Posted By: MADMAC

PA 9.68%

NY 9.68%

OH 6.31%

IL 5.86%

MI 5.63%

IN 2.48%

39.64%

NC 4.95%

GA 2.03%

TN 1.80%

VA 2.93%

FL 4.05%

SC 1.58%

17.34%

CA 6.53%

WA 3.83%

NV 1.80%

CO 1.80%

AZ 1.35%

15.32%

didn't they decide to secede... grin

rofl

Correct, I only listed states with more than 1% of the members

I was thinking with 2010 being the 40th anniversary of the Monte Carlo that the GM Nationals at Carlisle, PA would be a good venue.

They have had the Impala and Camaro anniversaries there and they maybe receptive to having the Monte Carlo anniversary next year. The dates are June 25-27, 2010 and below is a link.

GM Nationals 2010

It will be interesting to see if the Monte gets a big 40 year bash, or will it be overshadowed by the 40th ann. of the 70 Chevelle. frown

I was thinking with 2010 being the 40th anniversary of the Monte Carlo that the GM Nationals at Carlisle, PA would be a good venue.

They have had the Impala and Camaro anniversaries there and they maybe receptive to having the Monte Carlo anniversary next year. The dates are June 25-27, 2010 and below is a link.

GM Nationals 2010

Yeah, it is on the list, but unfortunately one BIG disadvantage: Same weekend as the Monte Carlo Nationals...

Maybe if we end up at a Super Chevy meet they will recognize the 40th Anniversary - esp if they are reminded ?

Guest 72yellowmc
Originally Posted By: MADMAC

Correct, I only listed states with more than 1% of the members

So Kansas didn't make the list either.. blush.. lol

I know this could be open for discussion, but I consider KS and even TX as 'central' states. I have to apologize to our members in TX, they are actually more than 3% of the whole membership:

MO 1.80%

WI 1.35%

TX 3.15%

OK 1.13%

KS 0.23%

MN 2.03%

NE 0.45%

SD 0.23%

IA 0.90%

11.26%

If I remember correclty, in the past Andreas did say that if anyone wanted to plan a central meet to go for it. Robyn & I even briefly talked about it (a year ago or so).

I know this could be open for discussion, but I consider KS and even TX as 'central' states.

This opens another can, will there be consideration for a central or Mid-States meet? I think there are quite a few that are willing to put the miles on to get there. Maybe the FGMCC first "National Meet".

Just something to ponder

I tried to get something going the last few years, but it always died a premature death...

woodward dream cruise , we have a good base of members to help ,and i believe we had a very good turnout ,it is simply the largest and best run car event in the world hands down ,i would have no problem helping organize

Monte / Leo