Eastern Meet 2010

Andreas

Now looking for suggestions for the Eastern Meet 2010.

Here are the conditions:

- North of North Carolina and East of Missouri

- Multi Day Car Show Event

- A local FGMCC member as event coordinator

- Preferably late-May until early September

- Parking as a club during the show strongly preferred

Send me an e-mail or a PM with suggestions or just post it here

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a new member and I would like an opportunity of getting my car on a NASCAR race track............pick one, any one............ Maybe Talladega and have Someone like Bobby Allison as a Special Guest. Or maybe some Race shop where a driver or owner or both as a Special Guest.......Is there a Car Museum somewhere we can show case at........or some Street Festival.....

I'm a new member and I would like an opportunity of getting my car on a NASCAR race track............pick one, any one............ Maybe Talladega and have Someone like Bobby Allison as a Special Guest. Or maybe some Race shop where a driver or owner or both as a Special Guest.......Is there a Car Museum somewhere we can show case at........or some Street Festival.....

We drove our Montes around Bristol Speedway a few years ago. Experience of a lifetime!

I looked into 'renting' Indy Speedway for a round for one of our meets, but they wanted $1800 for one lap! So we had to settle for the tour bus...

This year's meet will include a trip to Hendrick's Motorsport Museum... and a (bus) ride around the Lowe's Speedway...

Andreas, my suggestion is the Bourbon Festival in Bardstown, KY. It is held in mid-Sept. This year's festival is Sept. 15-20. Several years ago, I tried to get tour going with my Vintage Chevy Club, but it fell through. The web site is www.kybourbonfestival.com Rick

Great festival Rick. With all the bouron flowing, it would be like dying and going to heaven! lol

The Daytona Turkey Run would be awesome but its in November. Really to late for an Eastern Meet.

Is Daytona North of NC? Maybe an effect of Global Warming? grin

Originally Posted By: Rick Eckenfels
Andreas, my suggestion is the Bourbon Festival in Bardstown, KY. It is held in mid-Sept. This year's festival is Sept. 15-20. Several years ago, I tried to get tour going with my Vintage Chevy Club, but it fell through. The web site is www.kybourbonfestival.com Rick

Kentucky moved North of NC????? lol

I guess I missed something???

Hendrick's Motorsport Museum...YES SIR...GO MARK MARTIN, You the Man...

I think I missed something too..Andreas, you did say North of NC and EAST OF MISSOURI !?

Kentucky is north of NC....

Yeah, I had to look at a map to make sure, but that's what I thought. I've got family in the Bardstown area, so I'd be up for that!

We're taking a vacation to Florida this November, conveniently timed around the "Turkey Rod Run" wink It, however, won't be in a Monte.

Keeping my fingers crossed this frankenstein of a first gen I have will be "presentable" by this time next year grin

-Derek A

Guest 72yellowmc

How about heartland park topeka ..... I believe there haveing a super chevy show their next year ..... I know, I know to far for everybody ... frown

Also, 40% (!!) of all FGMCC members are in six Northern States:

PA 9.68%

NY 9.68%

OH 6.31%

IL 5.86%

MI 5.63%

IN 2.48%

39.64%

Less than 20% each are in the SouthEast and the West...

NC 4.95%

GA 2.03%

TN 1.80%

VA 2.93%

FL 4.05%

SC 1.58%

17.34%

CA 6.53%

WA 3.83%

NV 1.80%

CO 1.80%

AZ 1.35%

15.32%

how about if the east cost goes to the beach??? Oceab City, MD does a kill show rather it be early spring or late fall. http://www.specialeventpro.com/endless.php takes place in Oct. Then they have this one http://www.specialeventpro.com/cruisin.php towards the end of May. We have been to the one in May and the cars go up and the main darg all just about all day.

how about if the east cost goes to the beach??? Oceab City, MD does a kill show rather it be early spring or late fall. http://www.specialeventpro.com/endless.php takes place in Oct. Then they have this one http://www.specialeventpro.com/cruisin.php towards the end of May. We have been to the one in May and the cars go up and the main darg all just about all day.

Robert,

it is on our list, let's see...