2011 Western Meet Announcement

Canuck

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, my dad is feverishly trying to get the Monte done before zero hour so he can make it with the car...We just got done with the engine build and within 75 miles after break-in, there was a dreaded "tick" and we think it's possibly a bent valve. Dad started tearing down the driver side head after a compression test showed #1 to be pretty much dead. Once the oil sample comes back we will have a definitive on if anything else (bearing wise) is bad...If everything is good, we will replace the bent valve and get it all done for the road trip!

Evil is done and ready to rock! smile So even if the Monte ends up not making it, we will still come in Evil for the meet...

I have to ask, how would you have bent a valve? Usually they need to hit something like a piston, so I'm wondering about clearance issues on all of them. Unless you were revving it at 6500 or something like that.

Kevin, I'll get the lunch but you have to pick up the adult beverages. You know us Canadians don't like beer. lol

I am sorry Vaughn, I only drink Barley pops. So this beer you speak of, is it good??

I have to ask, how would you have bent a valve? Usually they need to hit something like a piston, so I'm wondering about clearance issues on all of them. Unless you were revving it at 6500 or something like that.

That is the funny thing, we don't know yet...The valve spring may have broke as well, the valve could have stuck somehow, we don't know for sure yet...

Hey guys, my dad is feverishly trying to get the Monte done before zero hour so he can make it with the car...We just got done with the engine build and within 75 miles after break-in, there was a dreaded "tick" and we think it's possibly a bent valve. Dad started tearing down the driver side head after a compression test showed #1 to be pretty much dead. Once the oil sample comes back we will have a definitive on if anything else (bearing wise) is bad...If everything is good, we will replace the bent valve and get it all done for the road trip!

Evil is done and ready to rock! smile So even if the Monte ends up not making it, we will still come in Evil for the meet...

Well, hopefully you guys can get that done within the week so Cameron can bring the monte to the meet. If not, I know he's got a few other cars to choose from. smile

Originally Posted By: Vaughn
You know us Canadians don't like beer. lol

h'm.. I don't know? I wonder what would conjure-up such behavior.. kicking

135.jpg

Actually, I was sober when that occurred. I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse, LOL.

Originally Posted By: Evil SS 2006

Well, hopefully you guys can get that done within the week so Cameron can bring the monte to the meet. If not, I know he's got a few other cars to choose from. smile

I think it will be fine unless the oil sample comes back with bad news...If not, you said it, he has enough to choose from otherwise! He won't bring the Willys Knight though, I called him a chicken!

So, I am now more excited than before!!!

I just spoke with JACK from RPMProductions... who is running the event (wanted to email my registration form since it is so late...)

Anyhow, he was excited to talk to me and said that FGMCC is having AMAZING support for their show. In fact, there are so many of us showing (one of hte largest clubs) that they are lining our group up right next to the featured Car display!!!!

He said it will make quite a unique and great display going from all the Camaro's to all the Monte's, and get us a lot of attention.

He is genuinely excited to have us attending! He was a really great guy to talk to on the phone.

So, I am now more excited than before!!!

I just spoke with JACK from RPMProductions... who is running the event (wanted to email my registration form since it is so late...)

Anyhow, he was excited to talk to me and said that FGMCC is having AMAZING support for their show. In fact, there are so many of us showing (one of hte largest clubs) that they are lining our group up right next to the featured Car display!!!!

He said it will make quite a unique and great display going from all the Camaro's to all the Monte's, and get us a lot of attention.

He is genuinely excited to have us attending! He was a really great guy to talk to on the phone.

Yes, they are rolling out the red carpet for us which is pretty cool.

Can't wait!

A few things,

Steve I hope that you and your Dad can get things figured out with his motor. Look forward to seeing both of you again with or without the Monte.

Kevin,

no matter what you call it.......its good stuff.

Aaron,

Really.....sober? Who would get caught taking that picture sober. rofl

It's getting close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaron,

Really.....sober? Who would get caught taking that picture sober. rofl

The photo may have been worse if I wasn't sober.

There will be no barnyard animals at this year's awards banquet... grin

Just got the Monte back together, when I got to pulling the valve cover, the #1 intake push rod broke through the rocker arm. Fired right up with no noise or miss. I'll drive it around this weekend to make sure all is well. I'll cross my fingers. See everyone next Thursday.

Bummer, that sucks right before the meet..I'm sure you got plenty of other stuff needing your attention. grin Cameron, I never knew you had a 58 Impala?

......Steve I hope that you and your Dad can get things figured out with his motor. Look forward to seeing both of you again with or without the Monte.

So we are all good to go! See you next week guys! smile

Bummer, that sucks right before the meet..I'm sure you got plenty of other stuff needing your attention. grin Cameron, I never knew you had a 58 Impala?

She is a beauty...

Mae2.jpg

Mae1.jpg

I hope everyone has a great time at the meet. I really wish I was going but things just weren't meant to be this year. Thank you to everyone who offered to help with rides and such. I am already planning for next years meet. I have a feeling it might be a little further south though. smile That would be cool. cool