Made the fianls!!!!

CrazyDavey

Achieved one of my racing goals this year...I just got a call from Autoclub Speedway (Fontana) and was invited to join their team for the 2010 Division 7 Summit ET Finals in Sacramento!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!

How cool is that?

You're going to be in Sacramento?

This I have to see (if ya don't mind me hangin out with y'all).

What is the date?

OK...I see the track schedule says Sept 29 thru Oct3.

October 2 & 3 are the weekend, and eliminations start Saturday afternoon.

Way to go. Did you get the starter issue fixed.

Hey, as long as she runs after him with that wrench, it's not an issue.

It's kind of like picking up a girl on a hot date, then informing her she has to get out and push the car so you can pop the clutch.

Ahhh....the indelible image that Dad has, watching his daughter leave for the prom...LOL

thanks everyone....pit crew welcome....Wednesday-Friday is mostly TNT and a gambler thing. Saturday and Sunday are eliminations at least from what I can see on the Sac Raceway site. I'll be there Wednesday so I can get a good pit spot. There are 17 tracks in the Division 7 directory if you include Hawaii so it might be crowded.

Mark..any info you can give me on how the track is set up for pits would be appreciated....I even get a shirt!!!!

What kind of info are you wanting?

It's not a real fancy place. As I remember, the pit area is semi-paved. The entire area has pavement, but it isn't good quality and has a lot of loose stuff on top. (bring a broom?)

I believe the track surface is traction challenged...they don't break any records here. It would seem that the only AA/fuel stuff that comes in is for exibition runs.

Google satelite has a nice overview of the layout:

LINKY

thanks Mark, that helps a lot. Barona is like that, so getting there early is important for good pit selection. Hopefully they'll prep the track for an official NHRA Division event. Most street legal type events get no prep because of all the street tires.....

The weekend prior to your event, they are having their biggest annual event: the Governors' Cup. They have a pretty exciting lineup for that event, and that's about the only time you hear any radio advertising for the place.

I don't know if that's good news for possible track surface conditions or not.

Beth & I plan to be there as support.

You can PM me if you want my phone number, or need a pizza delivered. LOL

thanks Mark, I'll keep in touch as it gets closer. Yes I noticed their big event so most likey they'll have a good supply of VHT on hand for track prep. This race decides who will represent Division 7 at the Nationals so it's a pretty big deal to NHRA....will look forward to seeing you two...thx...