New best and vids

CrazyDavey

Dal and I went to Famoso this weekend for the Summit race. Cars ran good but I think I've exceeded the limits of my current suspension set up, or at least I need to get smarter about shock settings and tire pressure.

My best passes were the first pass on each day before the track got heat soaked. Aside from the launches the car was very consistent, the differences were pretty much in the 60 foot times.

First pass Saturday weather was 69*...43.4% hum....1744' DA....29.38" baro....60'...1.36...330..3.93....660....6.13 @ 111..27....1320...9.68 @ 136.93

First pass Sunday weather was 77*....41.3%...2251' DA....29.26" baro....60'...1.36...330....3.94....660....6.14 @ 111.32...1320...9.69 @ 136.86

I had 6 other passes that ranged from 9.70 to 9.78 depending on how bad the launch was. On Sunday the mph started going up a little during the day getting up to the mid 137's.

here's some vid's if you want to take a look...

9.68 pass....

9.69 pass...

9.68 in car..

9.69 in car...

hope you enjoy....

Congrats Davey on some new bests. You are En Fuego. Alright, so how soon before we see 8's? crazy - Dave

You Crazy SOB talk about an adrenalin high! Jesus H Jimminey Crickets!! Man! What a delightful hobby.. shifter It must be hell of a rush getting airborne and having no control of that beast for a fraction of a second. It's gotta be scary? Does anybody ever get used to that feeling? That's gotta be an infusion of testosterone, man just viewing them passes was giving me wood.. lol

Holy cow Dave! I hadn't seen that you were running 9's yet, that is AMAZING! 10's are freakin' awesome, and very impressive in such a heavy car, but 9's, with a motor that is done by 6k is just unbelievable. You have a fantastic combo there. I like that new cam!

thanks everyone....I appreciate the comments....

Rod, it's really not scary but things do happen kinda fast. It's very stable, does not move around, doesn't shake or carry on..it just goes....when it hooks and carries the front wheels like that it is a rush though. It's not that the front end is just coming up but that it's going forward and pushing you back in the seat as well, hard to explain you have have to experience it.

Good to see you Scott....the motor was freshened over the winter by Scott Foxwell up in Northern California. It's pretty much the same combo with 6 degrees more on the hyd roller and a half point more compression. Scott cleaned up the heads and did a basic blueprint on the motor (you would be amazed how messed up a stock GenVI block is). The old motor was not happy with spring pressure issues and the intakes were hitting the valve reliefs in the pistons (we figure that's why it didn't like to rev)....Scott also used some tricks on the rotating assembly (which we upgraded to all new stuff for strength) and really dialed in the valvetrain geometry. I now shift it at 6400 and it crosses the stripe at about 6600, we had it to 7000 on the dyno with no signs of it slowing down... eek