2" drop spindles

sparky

Hi everybody, I have a question. Has anyone ever installed 2" drop spindles? I know it's better than lowering springs. The front end geometry does not change, which is a good thing. I installed new springs trw6330 which i have issue with (same application small block big block?) I would appreciate your imput. Photos would be even better.Thanks phil

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DSC00085.jpg

I agree, it sits perfectly and I really like that colour combo but for some reason I thought a 2" drop would be more noticeable. Mine is stock height with newish stock springs and I don't know if I can see any difference with this one confused

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the el camino is running 15"'s with his drop spindles. So there's not an issue running smaller diameter wheels or do you have to be pretty specific about width and backspace to run drop spindles?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad you guys like the Monte. The wheels may look a little odd because the front tires are 225/50 r17 and the rears are my drag radials 27x10.5x16lt I wanted the most rubber between rim and the ground also CPP big brake disks needs 16" wheels thats the reason for different size.

This pic is the only side view I have with the rear road tires 255/50 r17:

DSC00031.jpg

I'd like to drop the front a little more BUT (big but) I snagged my headers on some railroad tracks (not fun!)

Thanks for the great comments.

Definitely give Marcus a call at SC&C.

He is a wealth of knowledge and is the author of the book "How to make your muscle car handle".

Link to Sevitske Classic & Customs (SC&C) website: Sevitske Classic & Custom

I just clicked on "400hpMonte" signature pic in first post to get his whole gallery; Link to Green Monte gallery