Flint, MI Build Sheets

Have there been any cars built at the Flint, MI plant that have build sheets in them? If not, how does someone ever certify any of the equipment that was originally on the car once it left the plant?

Thanks - Troy

Not so far.

Any other documentation works, or if its numbers matching, certain #s, I believe the last part of the VIN should match the serial #s on the block down behind the alternator.

Yes Mine had 4 build sheets from that plant

1. under pass side carpet

2. over gas tank

3. 2 one on each inner frt fender

also look in seat springs

This is the first ANY of US have ever heard of a build sheet found in a Flint built car, much less, 4 in that same car. Could you post some pictures of this for our records This is truly a GREAT find.

Rob

I having a Flint built car would also love to see the documents found to help to look for any traces (maybe even some torn corners of paper) in mine as never found any in the searches I have done. And was explained to me they did not put them in cars built in that plant.

With this new revelation that one did come in a Flint built car I will need to contact Leonard Nimoy and get his IN SEARCH of team to help root out any long lost ones in mine. grin

Great find for sure!!! nicepost

Scott

My Apoligies, Im 60 & memory somtimes is back $ build sheets as stated is correct, However my car after checking my build sheets is St Louis MO Sorry Im human. Bob

My Apoligies, Im 60 & memory somtimes is back $ build sheets as stated is correct, However my car after checking my build sheets is St Louis MO Sorry Im human. Bob

Bob!!!!That is so wrong to get our hopes up like that. Just when we thought all of our research was wrong and not only did Flint Cars have build sheets but there is really SS454 4-speed rag tops out there too. Age is no excuse and if had been April 1st it could have been a good April Sloof joke.

Rob

I am so beside myself with this sad news. The mere thought of a possibility that my car MAY have a build sheet lurking somewhere almost had me going to the garage and start tearing it apart to find this elusive piece of the puzzle for these cars built in this plant.

Oh WOA is ME!!!!

<JK>

Hey we are all human, some more then others...... grin

But I still hold hope to find that 4 spd 454 SS 1970 MC convertible. There must be one out there that guy on e-bay said it and I don't think he would lie about that........ shocknight

Well, it doesn't look like there's any hope of me finding a build sheet in my SS...at least all the numbers match from front to back and it has all the SS factory item including air ride system, shock plates, sway bar, and lower box arms. Thanks for all the input.

Troy

you guys need to learn to believe me J/K, 10 years ago easily i stated no build sheets in flint cars smile , i have parted out several hundred chevys and not one build sheet , protecto plates YES YES YES , i have found a couple broadcact sheets in the seats in flint cars that would indicate some options like buckets console and int color thats it , i just picked up a Flint 1970 Monte build sequence 000010 , and have a 1970 SS 454 built in Flint we have owned for 25 years purchased from the all time guru of first gen Montes Ralph Wyatt ( R.I.P. )

Monte aka Leo