engine breakin

jacob

Every things good to go... put in our goe gibs racing break in oil filled up our champion radiator with water no leaks cool. the oil primer tools in place and to spin it we got a big old drill to spin that thing we used it to drill holes in concrete so it shouldn't burn out or tear up. We got a remote push button starter to fire it up and i was thinking about it and ... there's no way to turn it off so Jim made us a kill switch so we could cut it off and he made us up a tach wire for the tachometer so were going to fire it up tomorrow. coolsmile

IT RUNS GREAT!!! I cannot describe how it sounds... it shakes the ground when it idles and one of our neighbors sayed it sounded like a big block. were letting it cool down now weve got it back in the garage now when it was running it was just below 180 it just had perfect temperature, oil psi and no major leaks exept for a little fuel leak ( loose fitting) and little water leak. I am so proud of it it was worth all the time money and work. gringrin

IT RUNS GREAT!!!I am so proud of it it was worth all the time money and work. gringrin

Definetly exciting, in my younger days that's how I would describe it too "time, money & work", but for my old butt it was blood, sweat & tears lol

Keep up the fine work young fella, cant wait to see more progress... cool

Great work Jacob! It really is a great feeling that most of us here remember well to have your first motor fired up yay take great pride in the fact there is some of the skin from your knuckles there in that engine bay grin

Thanks for all the comments I will work on getting our pictures and videos posted I am so pleased with how good it sounds ... its just got a great rumble and is plenty loud I think the neighbors agree to. cool

heres the break in this is the video of it cranking up for the first time keith really helped us out.

Just click on it and the video will come up this is the first video i have put on here hope it works.

th_IMG_0463_zps43d41247.jpg

I have some other videos I can post on here and it sounds better in person than in the videos our next door neighboor is the one who said it sounded like a big block.

Jacob, you've come a long way it sounds awesome. A huge thumbs-up and thanks for sharing. It's great to see a young man such as yourself with a passion for these relics. cool

we talked to one of my granddaddy's friends and he has a almost rust free 1972 Monte Carlo it had been restored and then left out side and water got under the vinyl top so the roof rusted and then water got in the car and rusted the floor. So the guy that owned the car got 2 parts cars one with a perfect roof the other has a good floor and trunk lid both of the parts cars have been wrecked but there's still use able parts on both of them. we might use the body off the complete Monte Carlo on my frame. Will let you know how it goes.