Group buy for Morris 3 point belts

7tonemonte

Could someone post a picture of how their belts look, where attached to the roof? Here is a picture of how mine look and I think they have improved them since 2010.

Bruce

2010 top mount pic

I don't have pics but the current roof mounting looks like the factory belt mount complete with the plastic cover.

I talked to Billy today about this issue. This was the first he had heard about the fitment problem. He looked at this thread and especially Rick's pictures. He sent them to the manufacture and asked if that would be acceptable to them? They both agree there is a problem and are working to get this right ASAP.

He will be sending me a few to test fit and hopefully we will be able to come up with a proper belt. When we have an acceptable replacement, he will replace any that are defective free of charge. More info on that when the time comes. Thanks for everybody's input and patience.

Scott - here's what I got from Morris, both looked the same to me as I am not sure if I should have gotten different for both end as Sam said? I am happy to help with test fit, let me know.

20140515_192007.jpg

Originally Posted By: stangeba
Could someone post a picture of how their belts look, where attached to the roof? Here is a picture of how mine look and I think they have improved them since 2010.

Bruce

2010 top mount pic

Bruce - here's what I have installed:

20140624_201408.jpg

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the latest. I received about 8 different sleeves to try out for fit.

This one fits the best:

2014-07-05165919_zpsaa59086d.jpg

But to me it's like the bottom of the sleeve should be turned 180 degrees.

2014-07-05165928_zps69296883.jpg

I'll be calling Billy on Monday to see if there is a filler for the bottom of the sleeve. If not I'll just paint everything black before I put it together. Probably can't see much of that once the seat back is up and the seat moved into position.

I'll let everyone know what the verdict is on this after talking to Billy.

Let me know if you want any pictures of other angles taken.

Mine had a cap that popped in the hole. It seems they are a little short but maybe it's best that way to keep them out of the way.

I see what you mean about the molded plastic not fitting I remeber it was hard to get them to go in. Do we have to contact Morris to get the corrected belts?

I sent Billy the sleeve that I feel will be the best fit for our cars. He will talk to the manufacturer and get replacement sleeves for anybody involved in the group buy first. Then he'll work with anybody who has bought them prior to this to get them replaced also. I know I have close to 4 hours in this so far and Billy has even more but he wants the part to be correct and wants happy customers.

I had also ordered the rear view mirrors that he sells. I'm trying to get them on before the meet so others can see the excellent quality of this product. That is the reason I received a T-shirt from him. Just wanted to clear the air about that.

• 3 weeks later...

I received the "New and Improved" seat belt buckle/sleeve from Billy. Actually they were on my porch last Thursday after I left for the Eastern Meet. But I finally got a chance to install 1 in the car last night. And we have a winner! I am very pleased with this buckle. It is a little longer than the other one and that keeps it up slightly from the top of the console, making it easier to find and buckle or unbuckle. One thing I did to keep the flap at the floor in place was to take a 1/2" X 1/2" piece of stick on velcro and applied it to the head of the bolt and pushed the flap into position. That will keep it down and looking good.

I talked with Billy and gave him a thumbs up. He has placed an order with his supplier and will be receiving more of these soon. As soon as he gets them he will contact everyone from the group buy that bought seat belts for bucket seats. He wants to replace those first then he will work with the others who bought theirs prior to the group buy to replace theirs.

Please be patient. His supplier is working hard to get these made for him. I have been very impressed while working through this issue with Billy, Robin, and Sarah. They have a "Customer is First" attitude that many other companies should incorporate in their business plan. They are top notch people in my book!

2014-07-28210233_zps0d56ab62.jpg

2014-07-28210309_zps37b60e72.jpg

2014-07-28210327_zps28ce1568.jpg

2014-07-29202048_zpsd02a69d6.jpg

2014-07-29202114_zpsbc5b9bae.jpg

2014-07-29202145_zps13cfeceb.jpg

They called me today about replacing the female ends for the upgrade. Thanks again for all your hard work Scott!

Not a problem. Billy never had anyone else complain about them. Which both of us found hard to believe after he saw the pictures here. He will be changing all of his bucket seat kits to this new design. Glad his supplier has started to ship the new buckles and sleeves.

I also received a call today about replacing mine,. I have no issues with the bench seat ones. Glad to hear they are so diligent in making the bucket seat ones perfect, I Have no issues at all with mine!

I also received a call today about replacing mine,. I have no issues with the bench seat ones. Glad to hear they are so diligent in making the bucket seat ones perfect, I Have no issues at all with mine!

Same here - talked with Sarah for quite awhile (she took my initial order as well). Really great customer service and follow-up with those who had already ordered belts. Like Tony, my set is or bench-seat so no issues...

Scott - I spoke with Sarah today and will have to send in my buckles without sleeves (Sarah said to throw the sleeve out) first before they can send out replacement as they can re-sell the buckles for other models like Camaro, etc.

Will try to get mine out for shipment this week.

Thanks again!

Rick

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Group Buy is finished, but they still gave me 5% off. 

Nice people and they get back with you really fast too

Mine are on the way :cool:  

• Like 1