A Carlisle thank you.

Dtret

I just wanted to take a minute and thank everyone who helped make this mini-meet such a success. And for me personally being a 1 year member and never have had this experience. I went in blind with my expectations so I was prepared for the worst. But WOW. Everyone could not of been nicer. Rob thanks for all the hard work,as much as you say you enjoy it,it’s still a ton of work. Meeting all the group for the first time was an awesome experience. Every different age group and a lot of different personalities made it all the better. And finally a special thanks to Joe for not only pushing me to go but letting me hang with Doug and him. And then there is Willie. What a great example of a human being. Need I say more. Thank you all the whole group included. See you next year. Dennis 

• Like 6

I'm glad to hear you had a good time. I've been to 13 Western Meets, 1 Eastern Meet, and several other mini-meets and look forward to them every year. Can't wait to go to Montana for The Western Meet in 2 months!

• Like 1

I was in that same exact position last year, and had the same experience. Willie (with help from CK & Dennis as well) took Doug & I under his wing and made the whole thing exceptional, same as this year. See, it just took a little (a lot) of peer pressure to make you crack, j/k, lol. I'm glad you made it too, and can't wait to do a repeat next year!

The meets are really great I'm glad you went Dennis. I'll be there next year too as far as I know right now. From my first meet in Norwalk in 2010 where I knew no one I always felt welcome and always look forward to the meets and mini meets.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

The meets are really great I'm glad you went Dennis. I'll be there next year too as far as I know right now. From my first meet in Norwalk in 2010 where I knew no one I always felt welcome and always look forward to the meets and mini meets.

'

"as far as I know right now?" haha if we are both this side of the dirt we WILL see you there my friend...  .haha j/k of course but you know the drill...  and yes I too want to thank Rob for heading up another wonderful weekend!!   who else could  get 30 cars , 60 plus attendees having a great time and call it a "mini" meet!!   BRAVO!!!

• Like 2

I agree. Rob does a lot of preplanning and work to get it right. Another successful Carlisle “Mini Meet” 2021 in the books. Thank you Rob for all of your hard work in setting up these Meets. It is always great seeing old friends and making new one’s at these FGMCC events. Congratulations to all the Showfield Class winners too. Looking forward to seeing everyone and participating in the 2022 Eastern Meet. 

• Like 1

I agree with ALL!!!!!    Rob you do a fantastic job setting this all up, as you always do. I would like to also Thank You personally (Thank You for everything you do!!!) As a very wise man said to me this club is made up of many Great guys!!!

As i have said before there is tons and tons of work that goes in to these meets, And all the officers should take a bow, because in some way they all have input into keeping this club the Best there is!!!!  All of your hard work is much appreciated! :yay::yay::yay:(Steve taught me that when i fist got here).

I would also like to thank Joe, Doug, and Dennis for being such great guys. I believe in, you get what you give. When i first met all of you (Joe and Doug last year) and (Dennis and Chad this year) it was like i knew all of you many years. We had alot of laughs together and we will have many more next year. I do have one regret and that is i didn't get any time to sit and talk to i think his name was Dan, and his son.  I am just doing what ALL the club members did for me when i first started (many years ago). I also think its the right thing to do to keep this club as great as it is, Thanks to everyone before me who took me under their wings. I am also happy i got to see people i haven't seen in years. I cant wait till next year to see everyone and the newbies. 

This is an extremely wonderful club and i think its up to all of us to keep it great, as long as we can (for as long as we are on this side of the dirt) LOL another person that took me under his wing when i first got here.

Keep Wrenching and see you guys and girls soon!!!

• Like 6

On 7/3/2021 at 6:01 AM, Gregs70 said:

I'm really looking forward to next year sounds like it was a fantastic time, I'll have to come without my car because a 5 hour drive would be just way to hard on my car 

You could always trailer it. Plenty of parking for the trucks and trailers. Additionally if you get more of the northern Ohio gang together you guys could run a Monte train all the way. Of course everyone would have to be dues paying members of FGMCC to be included with the group. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dtret said:

You could always trailer it. Plenty of parking for the trucks and trailers. Additionally if you get more of the northern Ohio gang together you guys could run a Monte train all the way. Of course everyone would have to be dues paying members of FGMCC to be included with the group. 

I don't have a truck or a trailer 

13 minutes ago, Gregs70 said:

I don't have a truck or a trailer 

O balls. I’ll keep thinking. This is as hard as getting me to go to one of the shows in the Cleveland area. lol 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, willie said:

I dont know anything about Cleveland, so whats up with the Cleveland area??

Greg has a Facebook group for Ohio Monte owners and most of the advertised shows are in the Cleveland area. No problems that’s just where most of the members are. I think the biggest car show in Cincinnati is, on a good day, 10 cars. lol. I don’t really know because I don’t pay that close attention to car shows. 

Gotcha    I do not do any facebook or tic tok, none of that stuff. Hard enough to do daily stuff and get on this site never mind any of that other stuff.   lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, willie said:

Gotcha    I do not do any facebook or tic tok, none of that stuff. Hard enough to do daily stuff and get on this site never mind any of that other stuff.   lol

Facebook is not hard there are some monte groups on there too. If I can muddle my way through it anyone can!