How to turn off warning lights?

Problem #1 of many!

the warning / hazard lights are flashing on  and off continuously as soon as I connect the battery, draining it. I cannot see a hazard light button in the dash! What am I missing? 

(for clarity- both indicators flashing at the same time, front and rear.)

One thing you may find, as I did, is that as the plastic parts wear in the steering column. 

Sometimes the turn signal wouldn't turn off after competing the turn without pulling on the hazard button. 

This was due to the tab on plastic piece that the signal lever mounts on had worn out. Easy enough to replace. :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crom Cruach said:

It’s harder to solve a simple problem when the flasher and the warning buzzer (seat belt alarm?) are draining the battery! 

I worked in the fire alarm industry for the last 10 years of my career, so annoying lights and buzzers became easy to ignore... lol

As long as you keep a charger connected to the battery while you're working on things, you eventually stop worrying about draining it. ;)

On 12/22/2021 at 12:17 PM, Crom Cruach said:

Problem #1 of many!

the warning / hazard lights are flashing on  and off continuously as soon as I connect the battery, draining it. I cannot see a hazard light button in the dash! What am I missing? 

(for clarity- both indicators flashing at the same time, front and rear.)

Hey, you DO know that American cars are still driven on the wrong side of the road over there, correct?

Just axin’ 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Glen said:

Hey, you DO know that American cars are still driven on the wrong side of the road over there, correct?

Just axin’ 

The Monte is a wide car over here - wider than my Audi A6 Avant, and some roads in my rural area are slender, will make for some interesting overtaking moves!

On 12/23/2021 at 7:29 PM, Scott S. said:

I worked in the fire alarm industry for the last 10 years of my career, so annoying lights and buzzers became easy to ignore... lol

As long as you keep a charger connected to the battery while you're working on things, you eventually stop worrying about draining it. ;)

I bought a charger for it, if only I could fit it in my damn garage! I have about 2 inches tolerance either side of the entrance, and it’s only 16 foot deep so I have to turn before I hit the back wall!