HELP!! Vacuum Diagrams Needed

Glen

Does anybody have access to vacuum diagrams for our Montes?

I have no clue, but were they different across the years or for different engine sizes?  My Super Sport with AC (not sure if that matters) is what I’m attempting to troubleshoot. Got a couple of lines that aren’t connected to anything and wouldn’t mind knowing what’s proper. 

If anyone has it available in PDF format which could be emailed, that would be a bonus. Thanks in advance!

I might be able to help you. I could look at the overhaul manual A/C section and see if it has a diagram. Will take a hike down to basement momentarily

If I  don't have diagrams my dash is opened right now so maybe I could talk / guide you thru the color codes on the hoses. Actually I would like to have a diagram 

6 minutes ago, LS65Speed said:

I might be able to help you. I could look at the overhaul manual A/C section and see if it has a diagram. Will take a hike down to basement momentarily

If I  don't have diagrams my dash is opened right now so maybe I could talk / guide you thru the color codes on the hoses. Actually I would like to have a diagram 

I appreciate the legwork. No rush, please don’t interrupt whatever you’re doing for this, at your convenience is fine. 

1 minute ago, LS65Speed said:

Got it! 

I can scan it tonight or tomorrow or just verbally walk ya thru what ya need? Maybe a phone call tomorrow? You decide.

I am actually working on my A/C right now. I would like a diagram of the routing of those hoses and the wire harness that powers the A/C. I converted my car to Factory A/C and the perfectionist in me wants to clean up behind the dash

3 hours ago, LS65Speed said:

I can scan it tonight or tomorrow or just verbally walk ya thru what ya need? Maybe a phone call tomorrow? You decide.

I am actually working on my A/C right now. I would like a diagram of the routing of those hoses and the wire harness that powers the A/C. I converted my car to Factory A/C and the perfectionist in me wants to clean up behind the dash

Scan and email would be great, thanks. I won’t be able to get back to working on her for a few days, so need to do it tonight, at your leisure. 

Sounds like you got your hands full doing a conversion to factory AC. I wouldn’t know where to start. 

Thanks again for doing this for me, it is greatly appreciated!

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Glen, just curious, are you working on the a/c? Or some other vacuum lines under the hood? You just noted that you have a/c, not that it matters. 

AC is all good.  There’s a couple vacuum lines that are just open ended without being connected to anything. I believe one is supposed to connect to the bottom of the air cleaner. My mechanic who used to have a 71 SS is going to stop through and take a look. He had me cycle between heat, de-ice, defrost and the vents thinking bet might have been something that was an advertently disconnected, but all functions as it’s supposed to.  And I think it’s abundantly clear that I’m not anywhere near mechanically inclined as I probably should be 🤣😂, so this is where someone who knows what they’re doing is invaluable. I appreciate all the responses fellas, thanks again. 

1 minute ago, 1970mcss said:

Glen, does the car have the tcs system installed? Maybe vacuum hoses for that system?

That’s a great question… as this car currently has a 700R4 in it. I honestly have no clue. Are they required/necessary for a 700R4?  

And now that I think about it, I believe there were two ports on the carburetor that were capped.  It’s times like this I wish I spent a lot more time with my dad in the garage instead of f%#<king off with friends (notice I didn’t mention any regret chasing the chickies)  

Looks like I’ll be calling my mechanic tomorrow to share this lead with him. Thanks for helping with the troubleshooting.  

15 hours ago, Dtret said:

I can take close ups of the vacuum hoses on my 71 if you want. To include original style air cleaner. Let me know. 

Dennis,

Yes please, that would be great. The more reference material, the better.  At your leisure can you send them to my email thru the site here?  If you encounter any problems, let me know and I will direct message you with my email address. 

6 hours ago, 420ponies said:

I don't believe any  vacuum going to overdrive Transmission.

Thanks for the input, James. If this is true, it surely would likely make a hell of a lot of sense. I will definitely let my mechanic know this. 

So I’m as dumb as dumb can get. I went to get the pictures, pulled off the air cleaner and realized I have the Holley on there. What an idiot I am. So the vacuum hoses will be incorrect for your car sorry. But here are some pictures anyway. No sense wasting the film.lol. ( when’s the last time we talked about camera film)

6776EC13-9F4B-43DE-99AC-40F332EA5D25.jpeg

7EC9501D-FE44-4A09-B0AB-7B198B4124AF.jpeg

44454F04-E46E-4461-A0B1-548CA73AFADC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks Dennis, appreciate the effort!  And cameras with film?  Now you’re goin back a ways. I still remember dropping film off at the one hour photo mat in high school. Time indeed flies. 

19 minutes ago, 420ponies said:

If anyone is interested, I still own a Polaroid with the flim you had to wait for the picture to appear.....? Remember those?

Dang Jim, you're old!!!!

rob

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, 420ponies said:

If anyone is interested, I still own a Polaroid with the flim you had to wait for the picture to appear.....? Remember those?

You didn’t have to wait as long if you shook/fanned the picture 🤣😂. I wonder who came up with that idea. 

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

Now that’s being bored at work. lol. Run out of movies to watch did ya?  Lol. We’re all going to miss the time you spend researching when you retire. That is a really valuable asset. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dtret said:

Now that’s being bored at work. lol. Run out of movies to watch did ya?  Lol. We’re all going to miss the time you spend researching when you retire. That is a really valuable asset. 

You nailed it, lol. I was actually waiting for my relief to show up so I could go home.

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

You nailed it, lol. I was actually waiting for my relief to show up so I could go home.

That’s the longest half hour or so, waiting for relief. I always make my relief at least 15 minutes early to give whoever I’m relieving a jump on getting home.

It’s pretty much a forgotten courtesy, especially amongst the younger generation. You’d swear some of these fools have never been to work on time in their life. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Glen said:

That’s the longest half hour or so, waiting for relief. I always make my relief at least 15 minutes early to give whoever I’m relieving a jump on getting home.

It’s pretty much a forgotten courtesy, especially amongst the younger generation. You’d swear some of these fools have never been to work on time in their life. 

That’s because a lot of them don’t have jobs. Why work when the government will support you. Free everything but you have to vote democratic, that’s the only stipulation ( unwritten rule). Lol. But not really. 

• Like 1