Looking to buy original “ style” air cleaner

5 hours ago, Glen said:

The truth hurts sometimes. 

Started drinking early today, eh?

Guessing the CPD doesn't drug test employees either?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Glen said:

My ‘70 was built at Van Nuys 8 days after yours. Noticed that your car was shipped from the Van Nuys plant to the Leeds plant, not to a dealership. I wonder why. GM executive car?   If so, why not just build it there in Kansas?  Or perhaps the brass did side by side comparison of cars for quality control/consistency of assembly?  

5729B700-5C67-4B92-9CC6-11DBC6945C5F.jpeg

Glen, the Kansas City plant didn't build Montes until the '71 model year. Flint only made them for '70. This car was ordered to be used as an executive pool car. Each plant would get cars and trucks that they didn't have from the other plants so that their executives could use them. I did a title search and found that the Leeds plant sold the car to Pappas Chevrolet after 5 months. Pappas Chevrolet had it for 24 months. I've talked with 3 of the 5 previous owners. The title was in the original owners name until '95 or '96. The second owner was a friend of his, and he died of a brain tumor, but the second owner was unsure of what year that was. He bought the car from the estate. 

Dan

• Like 2

5 hours ago, overdrive said:

Glen, the Kansas City plant didn't build Montes until the '71 model year. Flint only made them for '70. This car was ordered to be used as an executive pool car. Each plant would get cars and trucks that they didn't have from the other plants so that their executives could use them. I did a title search and found that the Leeds plant sold the car to Pappas Chevrolet after 5 months. Pappas Chevrolet had it for 24 months. I've talked with 3 of the 5 previous owners. The title was in the original owners name until '95 or '96. The second owner was a friend of his, and he died of a brain tumor, but the second owner was unsure of what year that was. He bought the car from the estate. 

Dan

That’s some awesome detective work. Well done, Dan. Totally cool for this provenance to be included with the paper trail.