Dennis (MCfan), box maker extraordinaire

TheBMan

If anyone ever has the opportunity to buy something from Dennis (@MCfan), do it just for the pleasure of being witness to his box making skills. Seriously, the guy tells me he makes his own boxes and I'm in awe. Heavy duty with perfect folds and symmetry. It was so well done that I couldn't reverse engineer it to open it so I had to cut it, which made me a little sad. Dude could have a career in box design and engineering, no doubt. Pictures don't do it justice. 😎

Thanks for the extra care with my parts, Dennis!

IMG_1029.JPG

IMG_1028.JPG

• Like 6

Thanks, Bryan!  So good to see that the USPS did not drive a truck over it as they sometimes apparently do!  Also, good to know the clutch fan was not damaged as that was my main objective. 

You may not believe the condition of packages (Amazon, eBay and OEMs) that get delivered to our fairly remote summer home in MN. Crushed, ripped open, taped up boxes with damaged or missing contents are common across all three major carriers. 😬

• Sad 2

Yes I’m afraid the box crushers just got me too. What I thought was a great deal on a 70 grill, both extensions, both bezels and the under extension chrome turned out bad for me. I was basically told by the brown company to pound sand. 

F64B2113-CCB8-4B00-A8B4-962DE9D1FBBA.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Dennis did you buy the grill from another member?  Yes Big Brown will tell you that unless you can prove that it was whole when they shipped it you are Ship out of luck. Also if you didnt have insurance on it you will only get a C note after all the fighting. Ripoff!!!

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I belive the insurance would go to the seller not the purchaser then hopefully he would turn it over to you. Good luck with it.

In the past my experience, the shipper pays the insurance, the shipper has to file the claim and reimburse the buyer. 

• Like 1

Not sure how it works. Thats why i asked if you had bought it from a member. I never had a claim but i know BB is very hard to get anything from in reference to claims! And if you don't have insurance they try and sweep the claim under the rug, keep calling and pushing Dennis those grills are getting harder and harder to find in good shape!

1 hour ago, willie said:

Not sure how it works. Thats why i asked if you had bought it from a member. I never had a claim but i know BB is very hard to get anything from in reference to claims! And if you don't have insurance they try and sweep the claim under the rug, keep calling and pushing Dennis those grills are getting harder and harder to find in good shape!

I did not get it from a member. Facebook. It was definitely dropped at some point because it actually bent before it broke. I have 4 now and this “was” the best one. 

20 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I did not get it from a member. Facebook. It was definitely dropped at some point because it actually bent before it broke. I have 4 now and this “was” the best one. 

FWIW, the place that did my chrome work in Erie, PA fixed a pretty good crack on my grill. Be prepared though, it wasn't cheap to get it chromed.

Paul's Chrome inc. 

They are located on Pattison Street in Evans City Pa.

1-800-245-8679

They have done a lot of work for us and are quite well capable of returning that grill to show quality . 

• Like 1