Wow

cny first gen 71

So I go out and climb under the car figuring I'll do a little sprucing up while the gas tank is out here's what I found. This is a 52 year old unrestored car, I can't believe the shape some of this thing is in. I knew 15 years ago when I bought it it was nice (except for paint and stuff po did) but now 15 years later it still looks great under there very light surface rust where there is any. That's original factory paint and yes original factory fuel lines and they are still in great shape. I got lucky when I found this one. Sorry for lousy pictures. 

20230402_145408.jpg

20230402_151305.jpg

20230402_151310.jpg

• Like 6

Steve,

FYI, if you replace the small rubber hoses, shown in your picture, one of them on my 71 350, had a very small restrictor inside of the hose that I almost threw out!

IMG_0369-001.JPG

• Thank You! 1

50 minutes ago, stangeba said:

Steve,

FYI, if you replace the small rubber hoses, shown in your picture, one of them on my 71 350, had a very small restrictor inside of the hose that I almost threw out!

IMG_0369-001.JPG

Do you remember which one it was? I don't think I'm gonna mess with them right now but good to know. 

• Like 1

Steve,

If you look at this picture, you can see a small arrow on the hose on the top center of the picture. I think that is where it goes. It's been a long time 10 years or more since I did this .

IMG_0374-001.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thank You! 1

2 hours ago, 420ponies said:

Steve,I think you can use my 10 bolt posi-traction traction rear axle. Isn't yours a one wheel peel?

Yes it is and I guess if I'd have thought of it at the time we could have worked something out but I can't swing that now, sorry.

21 minutes ago, bob 71 said:

i inspected steves car last year. i said i was envious his car was so clean

It's due again Bob, I'll give you a call when I'm ready. I got the dip stick tube for the truck too not sure how much a pain that's going to be.