Spring maintenance, not Monte related.

MC1of80

13 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

These are the no name tires I purchased. Wether you choose a no name or a name brand they all dry rot too quick compared to years ago. 

Thats why I'm getting new, mines sat outside since 2019, sun/snow/weather.  Not very many miles but Carlisle is around the corner and I don't want to take any chances 

• Like 3

"I was in northern Indiana today and a trailer shop wanted 225 for the same thing."

Dennis I wished I had know you were in the area we could of had lunch or something of that nature and I could have given you the jacket

'

The majority of various brand trailer tires are manufactured in China. The prior series of Goodyear Marathon trailer tires were too. The new Goodyear Endurance tires are made in the USA and yes, Goodyear did away with the D rated tire. I have been using the Goodyear trailer E rated tires and have been very happy with them. My trailer rides better with them. My replacement tires will be Goodyear too. 
On one of our prior trips to the Syracuse Nationals one of the trailers we were caravaning with got a flat on the Interstate. We did a pit crew spare swap and continued on our way. We looked up the local Goodyear Tire Center in Syracuse enroute and called ahead. They had a replacement tire waiting for us and quickly got us right back on the road. The Goodyear store manager also gave us coupons for new discounted tires too. Just another reason I use the Goodyear tires with over 1240 Tire Centers (if needed) in the United States. 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Leghome said:

"I was in northern Indiana today and a trailer shop wanted 225 for the same thing."

Dennis I wished I had know you were in the area we could of had lunch or something of that nature and I could have given you the jacket

'

I think about things like that when I plan a parts retrieval trip. What members are in the area. But for some reason it never works out. Google said 4 1/2 hours each way leaving time for that. 13 hours later I’m back home and late for dinner. ( momma not happy lol ). We will catch up. 

• Like 3

On 4/28/2023 at 6:37 PM, DragCat said:

Thats why I'm getting new, mines sat outside since 2019, sun/snow/weather.  Not very many miles but Carlisle is around the corner and I don't want to take any chances 

Just an update, going with the goodyear endurance.....they can get them at the local shop and cheaper than summit 😀I'm juggling schedules now since I can't get the trailer to the shop, I'll have to take in 2 at a time 🙃 But at least that will be off the list, now if mother nature would just play nice for a day or two 🙃

• Like 4

I am sorry Mark, i was so tied up with other stuff i forgot to get back to you.    Thats what i have on my trailer, Goodyear Endurance. 

• Like 2

You guys are rich. I couldn’t afford the Goodyear tire. I did drop mine off at the shop yesterday to be mounted and balanced. Get them back today and the trailer is ready. Spring bushings, bolts, nuts, equalizers, electrical brake shoe kit, drums and tires. Carlisle is getting real expensive. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Dtret said:

You guys are rich...

....Carlisle is getting real expensive. 

From the guy that just spent $17K for a few fenders :rofl:

Look at it this way, to maximize your trailer repair expense, now it's ready for the Syracuse road trip! :yay:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, jft69z said:

From the guy that just spent $17K for a few fenders :rofl:

Look at it this way, to maximize your trailer repair expense, now it's ready for the Syracuse road trip! :yay:

That’s why I couldn’t afford the better tires.      It may be but I’m sure not. Lol. 

• Haha 1

After reading through this thread I better stop putting off pulling the wheels to check the brakes and wheels bearings.

Frank i just got that same feeling!!!  lol

• Like 3
  • Thank You! 1

3 hours ago, Dtret said:

You guys are rich. I couldn’t afford the Goodyear tire. I did drop mine off at the shop yesterday to be mounted and balanced. Get them back today and the trailer is ready. Spring bushings, bolts, nuts, equalizers, electrical brake shoe kit, drums and tires. Carlisle is getting real expensive. 

If it weren't for Carlisle, I probably would have pushed it another year on the tires 😮Good thing the grocery stores come out with the weekly coupons and bogo's tomorrow 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Yea I hear that, I just registered my camper gotta do caliper on truck next week and check trailer out and repack bearings de-winterize give it the once over get it packed up and ready for our trip at the end of this month. Oh yea gotta pack up the truck too with the camping gear 😊

• Like 3

A bit of preventative maintainance goes a long way with a car trailer. It’s the cost of traveling safely with your Monte aboard. I’m glad to see a lot of members taking the time to do it and hope everyone has a safe and uneventful trip, to and from our numerous Club events this year. We don’t like to give out any “Hard Luck” awards. 

• Like 7

Ok just a heads up, i checked over the trailer and repack all bearings with new seals. The outside bearings were starting to get dry but could of made this year. But glad i did it because i have a screw in the new tire. Have to get that patched tomm and be ready for Carlisle and Syracuse!!!!!   

• Like 5