Remove door handles

100% on the mirrors & lock, but the trim looks like I would have to remove the glass to get to the screws - on the rear glass anyway - I’m just not willing to go that far. I did get the vertical trim off the doors allright. Just have to tackle the hood trim next. 

Paul,

If you're talking about the window felts, a magnetized #2 Philips (cross) screwdriver will reach the screws on the doors fairly easily.... As for the rear side windows, it's easier to remove the interior panels and have the windows rolled down to reach the screws. 

If your hands are small enough, you may be able to reach in through the vent panels on the door jabs......  

Just a thought, Scott.

If you remove the rubber bump stop that the window mechanism sits on, it will allow you to lower the window about another 1/2” to expose the felt mounting screws a little better. Be careful not to go too far or the guide rollers will come out of the guide channel. Not the end of the world, just a little finagling to get them back in.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Marks71 said:

If you remove the rubber bump stop that the window mechanism sits on, it will allow you to lower the window about another 1/2” to expose the felt mounting screws a little better. Be careful not to go too far or the guide rollers will come out of the guide channel. Not the end of the world, just a little finagling to get them back in.

Great tip Mark, I’ll take a look at this, thanks 

• Like 1

One thing that is extremely helpful, and I’m sure Dennis and most the others can attest to, is a factory assembly manual. It’s dedicated to your year car. ss396.com has them for $25 plus shipping. They were actual reference guides used by the factory during the build process. They can make life easier when putting your car back together. There is another that I don’t have, but will probably get, and that’s the Fisher Body Manual. Maybe someone can chime in on that one.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Leghome said:

If the prep work is not done well then the finished product does not look very good.  Preparation is everything for a great paint job.

So agree! Prep, prep and reprep. She's looking good, can't wait to see the finished product. 

• Like 3