Overnight parking?

TheBMan

There is space to park the hauler at hotel and the club ropes off one section of the parking lot for our cars. I've never had a problem there and as far as I know no one else ever has either. No one likes leaving the car out overnight and some cover them up if they choose but it's a pretty safe area.

• Like 4

I believe there is light security also. Keep in mind that we are generally in the parking lot bench racing well after midnight and there are early risers at 5/6 am. We usually go to breakfast at 5:30/6 so we’re looking out. 

• Like 6

The other option is to get the parking pass for the Fairgrounds itself. Willie & CK have been doing it for quite some time, and last year I did it as well when it looked like rain for the whole weekend. They have staff/security 24/7 from what I understand and the car is probably as safe there, as anywhere else.

Willie had been leaving his car there all weekend for the last number of years, when he was having rear diff issues and didn't want to drive it back & forth to the hotel. Last year, I left mine in the trailer one night (on site), and another night under the club tent with NO issues at all.

There is/was some speculation that there may be some construction outside the hotel that may impact where we park the trailers, so I went ahead and got the trailer pass already, for next year just in case. It is definitely worth the extra 10-15 dollars, and gives you a lot more options. Example: 1) leave the truck/trailer there, drive your Monte back/forth to the hotel. 2) Leave Monte & trailer there & drive your truck back & forth to the hotel, etc.

Rob may know more about the hotel construction/parking situation, but with the amount of people we're expecting next year, trailer parking in the half circle outside the hotel may be cramped anyways. Get the fairground parking pass, it'll give you more options for minimal cost.

• Like 6

We have never had an issue with our cars at the hotel in all the years we have been at this hotel.  One member had something stolen from his unlocked pick-up truck one year.  

From what the hotel tells me, they don't expect our trailer parking in the circle in front of the hotel will be effected but like Joe said if you would feel safer with your trailer on the show field that is an option too.

rob

• Like 6

I just make sure there's a Monte nicer than mine parked at the hotel so mine will be left alone... :rofl:

All kidding aside, all the 20 years of I've attended FGMCC/hosted Meets there has not been one incident with a Monte. One year a member's trailer was broken into and a couple minor things were stolen but it is extremely uncommon. The risk of anything happening is so small it isn't worth worrying about in my opinion. Just as I do with any car I park I don't leave anything in my interior as I don't want to give anyone a reason to break in.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, jft69z said:

The other option is to get the parking pass for the Fairgrounds itself. Willie & CK have been doing it for quite some time, and last year I did it as well when it looked like rain for the whole weekend. They have staff/security 24/7 from what I understand and the car is probably as safe there, as anywhere else.

I signed up for the trailer/truck parking pass for next year as Joe suggested. (insert Dennis/Joe comment ya gotta actually own a Monte first) Not a bad idea if there is construction just for the trailer side of it.

If your really that worried you can get one of those gadgets with a SIM card, if you car moves it will call your cell phone. My buddy has one for when he's racing. 

As Dennis said, most are in the parking lot till at least midnight, I'd be more worried about the watermelon bowling crew 🤣 

Lots of options. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2