1970 Monte body

I’m taking offers on a slightly used 70 Monte body ( I think). Has minimal damage and very little rust. The roof is flat, the floor is not. It just rolled over so it has plenty of life left. I can cut off desired parts with my chainsaw. Please make sure all vaccinations, tetanus especially, are up to date. Positive comments welcome, negative comments expected. I do not need help selling. No lowball offers. I know what I have. Thanks for looking. 👀 ( Frame and drivetrain not for sale. I’m restoring them). 

IMG_6834.jpeg

IMG_6833.jpeg

IMG_6832.jpeg

IMG_6831.jpeg

IMG_6830.jpeg

IMG_6829.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, Glen said:

Flip it back over and check for the fiber optic cables I need to complete my Vigilite system, please.

That is all. 

That was one of the first things I looked for when I got the car. I was hoping I could hold them hostage and charge you BIG BUCKS. But no such luck. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Marks71 said:

Do you deliver?

Sure, as long as you make it worth my time. lol. I don’t know if I could get it across state lines, of course I do have a Hazmat license. 

Even if the scrap yard is paying 2 cents a pound, that car is worth about $4, 😁

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Even if the scrap yard is paying 2 cents a pound, that car is worth about $4, 😁

Yep not worth the gas to take it there. But I do have the frame ( 3/4 of it anyway) to go with it. That should get me to 12 bucks. 😝

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, willie said:

Dennis i started with stuff almost as bad as that!!!!  Almost!!

No way. And if you did you’re crazier than I thought. I didn’t have to unbolt the body bushings they were all rusted out. I think the only thing holding the body to the car was the e-brake cable and the fenders. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Yep not worth the gas to take it there. But I do have the frame ( 3/4 of it anyway) to go with it. That should get me to 12 bucks. 😝

I doubt that. My son and I did a mixed metal scrap run a few weeks ago. 600lbs = 21.00. Lol don't really scrap for money, just get rid of the clutter. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

I doubt that. My son and I did a mixed metal scrap run a few weeks ago. 600lbs = 21.00. Lol don't really scrap for money, just get rid of the clutter. 

Where we go, there's all sorts of stuff on the ground, a flat tire would cost more to repair than the $21 received for the scrap.

Nowadays I don't generate near the scrap I did years ago either. I'd bring truck loads of brake drums/rotors, all sorts of body parts (hoods, doors, etc.), catalytic convertors, etc. Now, I'll just put the stuff out to the curb for garbage day, it's usually gone before I walk back to the shop, lol.

• Like 1

I pulled the back part of the frame apart. Boxed control arms, sway bar etc. by the time I was done and swept up the floor I do believe that I had another 10 pounds of rust. I guess I’ll bag it up for extra scrap money. 💴 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

More pulled apart. All that’s left is the front suspension. And then more scrap. Engine is locked up tighter than a ticks a.. ( butt). 

IMG_6839.jpeg

IMG_6837.jpeg

IMG_6838.jpeg

• Like 1