Funny

stangeba

Every time I fill up my 71 Monte, I will think of this! 🤣

What is the lowest cost per gallon of gasoline you remember filling up your Monte with? I remember $0.19 !!

Gas fill up.png

• Like 6

And a brand new 1971 Monte Carlo cost less than $4000.00 !!!

Most G.M. A/G body cars had the filler behind the plate until '87..... AND.... One could work on them in their own garage. 

Progress...... :(

• Like 3

When I worked at a Standard station in high school in 1966 and  gas was 32.9 for regular and 36.9 for ethyl and when the gas wars hit it would drop to 28.0 and 32.9 and it seemed like the wars started every other month or so

• Like 3

When i was a kid, my Farther and I would go to Jersey and gas was always cheaper there, it was 19 cents a gallon then, around 1973. from what i remember...

• Like 5

27cents a gallon, 32 cents for Ethel . 1969. And the service station attendant would pump the gas, check the oil, clean the windshield.. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Searsman said:

27cents a gallon, 32 cents for Ethel . 1969. And the service station attendant would pump the gas, check the oil, clean the windshield.. 

Not today...at least not many around me...and it should be a free service for elderly handicap. And so on....

• Like 2

When I worked for mobil in 76-77 the station I ran was 59 a gallon self serve more at full service but we checked oil did windshield and back window if needed and like Bob said always talked to the customer.  At my location we sold more dry gas than any other station because we would always suggest it with every purchase. I kinda miss them days but that's a rough business even back then.

• Like 3

I have never heard the term “dry gas” before so I googled it and now I understand why. Not much use for it in  Southern California. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1